What's new

Battery or What?

Jack772

Reaction score
I have had my Iphone 4 for abt 2 months. I feel like there may be a battery problem as it requires charging what I feel like is too often. I charge it til it reads 100%.
I called Apple and was told, for $29.95, I could get a new phone. I would need to send my present phone to them.

How would I put my contacts on Itunes so I could install them on the new phone?
A little help would be appreciated.
Jack

How often do you have to charge it? Seriously, why are people so surprised that their iPhone, which is a mini computer, needs to be charged more often than your Regular cell phone that barely does texts?

Last edited:
This method here will completely backup your iOS just the way it is now, i personaly call it Ghost backup. Actually the iTune will ghost iOS A in device A (your present phone) to a special folder in your computer and when you receive your new device, iTune will restore iOS A in device B (your new phone)
Connect your device to your computer, open iTune in your computer and wait until iTune recognize your phone. Then in the left panel of iTune where you can see you phone with the name of your phone, make a right click on the name showed near by the iphone icon, in the display list, choose backup. And let the computer and your phone alone until the backup is done. It will back up everything from call logs to sms, contacts, all your applications, notes 3rd party apps and even all the actuall settings on the phone will be backuped, You can also put your phone in air plane mode to avoid disturbing the backup process by receiving calls or sms etc After you receive your new phone, connect it to itune and if itune doesn't propose you to retore the backup automaticaly, then do it manually by clicking on the iphone name that shows in the left panel of the iTune, in the display list upon making the right click, select "restore backup" and voila your iOS will be the same in a new hardware device as if you've never change it before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This method here will completely backup your iOS just the way it is now, i personaly call it Ghost backup. Actually the iTune will ghost iOS A in device A (your present phone) to a special folder in your computer and when you receive your new device, iTune will restore iOS A in device B (your new phone)
Connect your device to your computer, open iTune in your computer and wait until iTune recognize your phone. Then in the left panel of iTune where you can see you phone with the name of your phone, make a right click on the name showed near by the iphone icon, in the display list, choose backup. And let the computer and your phone alone until the backup is done. It will back up everything from call logs to sms, contacts, all your applications, notes 3rd party apps and even all the actuall settings on the phone will be backuped, You can also put your phone in air plane mode to avoid disturbing the backup process by receiving calls or sms etc After you receive your new phone, connect it to itune and if itune doesn't propose you to retore the backup automaticaly, then do it manually by clicking on the iphone name that shows in the left panel of the iTune, in the display list upon making the right click, select "restore backup" and voila your iOS will be the same in a new hardware device as if you've never change it before

Personally call it ghost backup? This is the normal backup most people get lol Unless you turn off automatic backup, this happens every time you sync.

But this way DOES work, but it is nothing special you have to do other than normal backup/sync

Personally call it ghost backup? This is the normal backup most people get lol Unless you turn off automatic backup, this happens every time you sync.

But this way DOES work, but it is nothing special you have to do other than normal backup/sync

I know it has nothing special, i just love the way it perform the back up and the restore, nothing nothing nothing is lost, and yes its the backup that auto run each time the phone is connected to the computer, but i alway perform a manual backup before messing up with my phone as i know i will have everything back the way they were.