What's new

mophie vs energizer battery pack

mach1man

Reaction score
I'm looking to figure out what case is better for every day use. I like the mophie but the one I have is rattling? It never loses connection but I can here something moving in there with the phone out. I've looked at this energizer battery pack at target, on sale for $22 but there is no off button. So it tries to charge the phone every time the battery drops a hair. Is that bad for the phone? I like the feel of that case better than the mophie bc its rubber and I wouldn't have to worry about the case top falling off when I try to pull it out of my pocket. Guess my questions are What battery pack do you rec/use and would the energizer one hurt the phone if its always trying to charge it till the case dies?

Moved your thread to our "General iPhone Discussion" section so it will receive better attention. Thanks!

yea I called energizer and thats what the rep said. Also I purchased the energizer case, I mean $20 I'll take it and try it and yea it shows the charging screen the whole time its in the case even if the phone already was fully charged.

well then it shouldnt be bad. its basically keeping the phone at 100 until it dies. for 20 bucks it isnt bad at all

Ok cool just didn't wanna hurt the internal battery

its basically the same thing as using your phone while its connected to the wall adapter or usb adapter.

Does the Energizer pack have a switch to turn the charge off like the Mophie does?

no it does not have a switch. what it does is basically keep the phone at 100 until the battery pack runs out and then goes back to working on the phone battery

I had the same worries.

I bought the Energizer, did not like it because of the "no switch" and returned it and got the Mophie instead and I am fully happy with it. I prefer to have a backup battery at hand fully charged to use it when I need it, so the switch is important to me. And I would turn the switch on only when my phone is about 20% left.

Bluering said:
I bought the Energizer, did not like it because of the "no switch" and returned it and got the Mophie instead and I am fully happy with it. I prefer to have a backup battery at hand fully charged to use it when I need it, so the switch is important to me. And I would turn the switch on only when my phone is about 20% left.

Same here same here. I think I am going to get the Mophie or something just as good.