What's new

Energizer Case Doubles iPhone 4 Battery Life

That Energizer product is a joke. It has no switch to turn it off once it is fully charged. So, it remains on all the time and becomes flat in a matter of one or two hours. What is the point of having a backup battery if it is most of the time flat? It is a useless product, don't waste your money on it.

In order to discharge there has to be a load on the battery. The load on the combination of the two batteries remains the same as the load on the iPhone's original battery. With the total battery capacity increased the total phone use time increases. There's no reason or need for an on/off switch. The battery will not drain in one or two hours.

Have you owned one? I bought one, used it and returned it, because of the reason stated. I instead bought a Mophie one which is a bit more expensive but a lot better. The switch is always on off, when the phone battery gets too low, then I turn the switch on. All the other models I have seen do have a swith (except the Energizer) and I guess for a good reason.

Have you owned one? I bought one, used it and returned it, because of the reason stated. I instead bought a Mophie one which is a bit more expensive but a lot better. The switch is always on off, when the phone battery gets too low, then I turn the switch on. All the other models I have seen do have a swith (except the Energizer) and I guess for a good reason.

+10 I was using that case too a first. Then switched to Mophie juice pack air which I loved and still have, but now my phone is always in the Mophie juice pack plus which deliver about 130% of the iPhone total energy to the iPhone when ever I'm running out of energy. I don't even know where I throw that Energizer battery case. You see the soft touch around the Mophie case? You see how it redirect the out put sound? You see how the back is rounded? I love it all.

No, I haven't owned one. I'm not disputing your word. If you say it doesn't work properly I believe you. I don't know what's wrong with the Energizer, but I'm saying that it's not the inclusion or exclusion of a switch that makes it not work properly. The stored energy in a battery has to go somehwere. It can't just "disappear." Maybe the unit doesn't have a good capacity to begin with. Maybe it's discharging through internal leakage paths, losing its energy in heat. But it either doesn't have the capacity that it should, or it's losing it through other means. Otherwise it would go towards powering the phone. No more, no less. Nothing personal, nothing meant by it.

Knowing the good reputation of Energizer product will investigate its true value.

Empty shell are those making noises. Energizer adversitment was way to much to really be what it's pretending to be. I'm an old user of that product, it doesn't meet my requests since the battery couldn't recharge till 100% my iPhone battery once my iPhone battery goes to 10% and I put the iPhone in the already fully charged Energizer battery case to recharge it. That's just to say it simple, but that's about me.

Last edited:

No, I haven't owned one. I'm not disputing your word. If you say it doesn't work properly I believe you. I don't know what's wrong with the Energizer, but I'm saying that it's not the inclusion or exclusion of a switch that makes it not work properly. The stored energy in a battery has to go somehwere. It can't just "disappear." Maybe the unit doesn't have a good capacity to begin with. Maybe it's discharging through internal leakage paths, losing its energy in heat. But it either doesn't have the capacity that it should, or it's losing it through other means. Otherwise it would go towards powering the phone. No more, no less. Nothing personal, nothing meant by it.

No worries Dave, I have not taken anything personal. I think you were talking from a technical point of view which can be very valid but I am not a tech guru, for me the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the Energizer was a big mistake for me and I am 100% happy with the "Mophie juice pack air". And I did some research before buying it and I have not seen any negative comments from any users, maybe I should have done the same research before buying the Energizer, silly me, I was too quick to jump.
Thanks for your input and take care.

I own one of these but no longer use it because it kills the signal by about 50% on the 3G network. The battery inside the unit causes the signal to drop. If you are in a weak signal area you will loose one or two bars when the case it on the phone. Other than that the charge to the phone works fine.

I'm also using Mophie Air Plus it has 2000 plus the 1500 in the phone - I'm good. Have not seen signal problem. VERY HEAVY USER!!!