What's new

Battery life

If you're usage and standby times are close together it means you're constantly using the device and the battery life is going to decrease faster. It's the same for any battery powered device and there's nothing you can do about it short of making the device work less often. Notice I said "making the device work", games typically require more power than a simple text editor.

We have to remember that iDevices are basically computers, and computing requires power.

I've been having on and off battery life on my iphone 5 with iOS 6.0.2

First off, I have Bluetooth, wifi, Siri, GPS, and most notifications disabled to turn off. I also have my screen at a fairly dim brightness level. Approximately 10%. I've noticed that my phone drains about 1-2% in idle even with no apps open at that time. Here's my usage:

View attachment 10346
This puts my on track of about 8 hours of battery. And this is no games. Just text and a little bit of Internet.

I've let my battery drain fully and did a complete charge and I did see my battery improve. Hardly any batter drain in idle. Here's my usage:

$image-2372035927.jpg
This is with 3-D gaming for about an hour (well not exactly 3-D :p) lots of texting and Internet use.

The bottom line is I'm not exactly sure why my battery is inconsistent. At least to me it feels that way. My standby time is far greater than my usage but my battery seems to drain very quickly. And I do game, but hardly at all. No more than quarter of an hour I would say.