What's new

Battery life

zaptear

Reaction score
My phones about a year-old and I just don't seem to get anything out of battery $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354787208.567844.jpg
This just can't be normal

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh. U ss

If your Usage & Standby time are that close to each other... then you're on your phone constantly. 12hrs of Usage time is pretty darn good... regardless of how much Standby time is behind it.

Oh ok ya I don't put it down I don't have a PC or laptop so I do everything off the phone I'm also a long haul truck driver so I use it for work a lot so.... My batt time is on

My only concern really... is that it says "No Service." Are you using your iPhone w/o a cellular connection?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354796259.164102.jpg
Ya I out of Cellular range I have AT&T

Ah ok. Out of that 12hrs... what would you say you're using the most during that time? 3G internet, playing games, music?

I will reply with that after my full charge I'm doing now but I do charge the phone 2 to 3 times a day

If you are having to charge your phone multiple times a day, you need to understand a few things about a lithium-ion battery so you can save yourself some grief and understand what is happening.

The iPhone 4S comes with a 500 cycle battery if memory serves. That means that you can charge it from 0 to 100% 500 times before it hits the ends of what Apple considers its serviceable life span. Now lets put this into real world terms so we can understand the implications.

The 500 cycles means that at cycle number 1, brand new battery, you will have 100% battery efficiency. At cycle number 500, if you do 100% charges every time (highly unlikely), you will only have 80% battery efficiency. That is due to the chemical breakdown of the lithium-ion salt in the battery. So we can assume that at 250 full charge cycles we will only have 90% battier efficiency. This helps set up the math.

So lets assume your phone 300 days old (almost 10 months old) and you have been discharging it to 15% twice a day and recharging it to 100% every time. The math then looks like this.

100% - 15% = 85% of the battery charged used.
85% * 2 = 170% of the battery used each day.
500 (cycles) * 100% = 50,000% of the life of the battery.
50,000% / 170% = 294 days until you reach 500 full cycles.

That means if you phone has been used like that every single day, or more, then you battery has already reached only being able to hold 80% of its original charge. And technically it could be lower than that. To put that in perspective. If you were original getting 15 hours of usage (10 months ago) when the phone was brand new, at the end of the 500th full cycle charge you would only be able to get 12 hours of usage today.

If that is indeed the case, you want to do two things.
1) Invest in a iPhone repair kit to get the pentalobe screwdriver and some other tools to work on the iPhone.
2) A new iPhone 4S battery.

Now if your phone is still under warranty, then I believe Apple will replace the battery for free but you will have to call and ask about that. BTW I had to replace my iPhone 4S battery at 13 months because I used the heck out of it as well. :)

I have tryed a lot of the battery settings that clam to help with battery push but seeing a lot of my load info comes by email I need push on.

Sep 9 2013 my 2 years on my 4s will be up I'm debating on getting the 5 AT&T saying I can get one for 400 as Early contract Renewal our holding out till sep of 2013 to see if there is a 5s or 6

Now are the OEM Batteries with the tool kits any good and do thy Sell a higher capacity battery then the one that came with the phone

Last edited:
I have tryed a lot of the battery settings that clam to help with battery push but seeing a lot of my load info comes by email I need push on.

Sep 9 2013 my 2 years on my 4s will be up I'm debating on getting the 5 AT&T saying I can get one for 400 as Early contract Renewal our holding out till sep of 2013 to see if there is a 5s or 6

Now are the OEM Batteries with the tool kits any good and do thy Sell a higher capacity battery then the one that came with the phone

Yes on OEM batteries. No on higher capacity because of size restrictions.

I leave WiFi, Bluetooth and all that other crude on with no issues.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354842298.537073.jpg
At 30%

Oh ok ya I don't put it down I don't have a PC or laptop so I do everything off the phone I'm also a long haul truck driver so I use it for work a lot so.... My batt time is on

Omg my vision would deteriorate fast if I had to use iphone instead of Pc or laptop.

Try not to use battery percentage display.

Eases anxiety for me. Fools me into thinking nothing is wrong.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355076326.596862.jpg
Last I don't know if this is good out not

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh.