What's new

Battery Life

I had mine since friday (launch day) i was 2nd in line to get one. I traded in my 4s for the iphone 5. My battery life is alot better then the 4s was. My wifi and bluetooth is always turned on, just not always connected. I play music for a solid hour every morning at the gym, I use my phone during the day at work for phone calls, texting, internet and so on. I have been averageing about 40% of usage perday. My 4s would use about 65-85% everyday. So far i have been up and my phone unplugged for over 3 hours, i was already at the gym and played music for 1 hour, checked weather and stuff before i left the house for the gym and my phone is still on 100%. I think Apple has done a great job in perserving battery life for the 5.

It sounds like people are having mixed experiences with their battery. My thought is I have an iPhone and it works. I will give it a few months while the store have no stock. If its still playing up and battery life remains poor I can always take it back under warranty.

Mine only arrived yesterday and while it was syncing with iCloud the battery was draining pretty quickly. I charged it overnight and it has been off the charger since about 730 this morning. I have been on the net a little this morning, a couple of text messages and a 30 minute call and it was only down 4% with all that activity.

Still early days for me but I would say so far it looks promising. I use my phone a lot because it is also my business line so in a day or two I will have a much better idea of how it is holding up. As long as it makes it through the day though I will be happy.

I had the 4 and now have the 5. If anything I feel like the battery live is better on the 5 than my 4. But seriously people, if you feel the battery life isn't meeting your needs have a charger at your desk, car, or home...the 5 is a mini computer and one can't expect its battery life to be the same as a flip phone or limited data Blackberry-esque phone.

Blockstar said:
I had the 4 and now have the 5. If anything I feel like the battery live is better on the 5 than my 4. But seriously people, if you feel the battery life isn't meeting your needs have a charger at your desk, car, or home...the 5 is a mini computer and one can't expect its battery life to be the same as a flip phone or limited data Blackberry-esque phone.

These phones retail anywhere from 600-900 bucks, on pare with a mid level lap top. I do have high expectations for longer batter life! And if Apple can't get on pare with the IPad, than cultivate the technology for Solar charging(wireless)! It's my belief, Apple doesn't not want to spend to much time and or money to "Wow" us with a revolutionary battery or wireless charging, because part of what brings us back every 18 months is battery wear!! On my 3rd IPhone, clearly after about 18 months u began to see noticeable difference in battery life!! Right on cue for an upgrade! An Apple is in no hurry to break this cycle!!

Well 18 Months is just 6 months short of 2 years I don't know my self I norm just a phone every 2 Years when I get a full discount And min is up 9/2013 maby the 5s will be coming out the. Our something who knows

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I think after reading all this so far and what I have read elsewhere on the Internet I am convinced that there must be some batches of good batteries and some batches of bad batteries. It's too odd that people either have great amazing battery life while other say it drains and dies after a few hours of use.

I've upgraded from 4 to 5 and I have noticed a huge difference in battery life.

Had the 4 for 2 years and only charged it when it was under 20%, always charged fully and didn't use while charging. I could get 2 days of surfing, watching tv and movie apps, listening to music, easily.

Today I left the house to go to work with a fully charged iPhone 5. I listened to music for 30 minutes on the bus, made a call to my mum at lunch (5 mins max) and received a photo stream image. The rest of the day it was idle in my handbag. I have 46% battery now.

With the 4 I would boast about how many tracks I could listen to before it went down to 99% battery. I can't open the music player on the iPhone 5 without losing 2%.

Disappointed, but doesn't change the fact that its an AWESOME phone!

Mahall - holy exclamation marks, you mean business. I don't disagree with what you are saying or your expectations of the battery life. But look at it from Apple's point of view they are making billions, their stock is at an all time high, and are the hottest thing going right now...why spend a crazy amount of money on solar battery life when you don't have to?

My battery life has been great so far. Been using my phone a lot today and at almost 10pm I am still at 48%.

Seems better than the 4S so far and better than the 4 for that matter.

Have spoken to both Apple and my provider and both are willing to exchange my phone. Could be up to a month but I keep this one until then. Good service I'd say.