What's new

BATTERY DRAIN and TWO QUESTIONS FROM NEW iPHONE 6 USER

yates74

Reaction score
I just checked to see why my battery drains so quickly. It shows my "Messages' uses 97%. How to I change this setting.

Also, I read somewhere it is a good habit to turn your phone off and on each day is this correct? And -

With an iPhone 6, can I landscape the 'Home' Screen - if so, mine is not working.

Thanks every, your help is greatly appreciated!

That is merely a reflection of your iphon
image.jpg

If you look above, mine is at 89% since I charged it. Now if I looked at the area you first we're looking in, it basically shows me where I used that 11%. Or at least what was my usage in the last 24 hours

I just checked to see why my battery drains so quickly. It shows my "Messages' uses 97%. How to I change this setting.

Also, I read somewhere it is a good habit to turn your phone off and on each day is this correct? And -

With an iPhone 6, can I landscape the 'Home' Screen - if so, mine is not working.

Thanks every, your help is greatly appreciated!
Rotating an iPhone 6 to landscape mode while on the homescreen will not have the homescreen rotate to landscape mode, that's a feature exclusive to the iPhone 6 plus.

If you look above, mine is at 89% since I charged it. Now if I looked at the area you first we're looking in, it basically shows me where I used that 11%. Or at least what was my usage in the last 24 hours

_________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, right now is charged to 39% after being on the charger all last night and basically just sitting since I am at work. Right now my phone is saying (under battery usage) 'Battery Usage' Last 24 hours then it shows my messages icon and to the right it says Messages 97% (this is what I want to learn how to change) / Home Screen and Lock 2% and Settings 1%

I appreciate your help on the 'Landscape' question as well and I also want to know about turning the phone off each day. Is that a good habit.

Rotating an iPhone 6 to landscape mode while on the homescreen will not have the homescreen rotate to landscape mode, that's a feature exclusive to the iPhone 6 plus.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Rats! Thank you!

You can not change that, it is reporting what is sees as usage of the phone. What you must address is your battery life is not as good as it should've and there are many threads here that tell you how to address that, do a search.

You can not change that, it is reporting what is sees as usage of the phone. What you must address is your battery life is not as good as it should've and there are many threads here that tell you how to address that, do a search.

Ok thanks.

Take a deep breath and just read and explore. The iphone is far more intuitive than you think. You will feel comfortable in no time.

Take a deep breath and just read and explore. The iphone is far more intuitive than you think. You will feel comfortable in no time.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for the encouragement! My plan just rolled over this AM so now I have internet on my phone!

My goal today is to find some good (free) apps!

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Background App Refresh and turning it off to see if it cuts down on excessive battery drain, considering the very high battery usage by your messages app. It could also cut down on cellular data usage. The downside is that you may not be able to receive messages when the app is in the background.

If possible, get wifi so you won't have to worry about that.

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Background App Refresh and turning it off to see if it cuts down on excessive battery drain, considering the very high battery usage by your messages app. It could also cut down on cellular data usage. The downside is that you may not be able to receive messages when the app is in the background.