What's new

Background Problem on Winterboard

xlogan31x

Reaction score
Okay this may be a stupid question but I have tried countless times googling to figure this out.

RUNNING 4.2.10 TETHERED, obviously Verizon.

I am sort of new to this whole jailbreak thing but have picked up on quite a bit.

I have several questions but my biggest one would be my background.

I installed a theme (MiSmooth Theme) and it has a pre-installed background. The lock screen background is my original one but my home screen background is the pre-installed one and I can't set it as my own personal one.

I have googled it and have been told to just put the "User Background" option at the top of my Winterboard to pass over all of the other options but that has not worked.

Then I tried setting up the whole SSH thing but could not figure it out because it couldn't connect to my wifi when using the CyberDuck app on my Mac.

So basically what should I do? I know it is a small tweak but it is bothering the hell out me!

If anyone can help by telling me if the SSH would work or a simple app that will tweak the pre-installed background to my own personal one!

Let me know if you can and that would be awesome!

Thanks!

I am having the same problem and have no clue what to do. Google was no help tried heaps of different things but still no result. I jus wanna set my own home screen wallpaper!

We are not retards mate we have tried this several times

N obviously we would try the easiest way n it hasn't worked which is why we are post on here

If it doesn't work then you need to restore your firmware. And no, it's not obvious. There are all sorts of people on this forum of all different experience levels, I have to assume any time I reply to someone, unless they specify otherwise, that they are complete beginners.

Haydz.14 said:
N obviously we would try the easiest way n it hasn't worked which is why we are post on here

It's not "obvious". Jmills87 was trying to help you. Being polite will get you a lot further than being rude to someone. :).

Jmills87 said:
If it doesn't work then you need to restore your firmware. And no, it's not obvious. There are all sorts of people on this forum of all different experience levels, I have to assume any time I reply to someone, unless they specify otherwise, that they are complete beginners.

+1. :)!

We are not retards mate we have tried this several times

Okay no hate on Tmills or whatever your handle is, but I think that answer was a little dumb, and we knew that was how you changed your wallpaper.

But I found a solution to my own problem for you Haydz.

I downloaded DiskAid to directly access my phone files.

Here is how I was able to make my original background back instead of the theme background.

1. Download DiskAid (which you can download a free trial).
2. Plug in your phone through the USB to your computer.
3. Go to the root file on the left side.
4. Go to "Var" folder.
5. Go to "Stash" folder.
6. Go to "Themes" folder.
7. Go to your theme folder that you have set.
8. Then simply delete the "background" file in that folder.

You should be set! Let me know if you have any problems!

You guys are on your own. I don't help inconsiderate people.

I will agreed with Jmills, we are here to help but after all we do it because we care to help each others and that's all. No need to be inconsiderate or not nice.