What's new

Would like to do the following:

SomeDude

Reaction score
I have just jailbroken my i5 and there is really only one small thing I would like to do with it and it involves altering the color of the background and text in the text messages and I was wondering if someone here could help me in doing so.
I would like to make the color of the background of the screen of incoming texts to be a dark gray - not white.

I would like to make the color of the bubbles of an incoming text to be dark red and the text itself to be black.

I would like to make the bubbles of an out going text to be black and the text itself to be red, or gold.

I would like to make the background color of the screen while dialing to make a call dark blue and the numbers/letters gold instead of white background on black numbers/letters.

Can anyone help me on how to do this, seeing as how I've never done anything once it's been jailbroken?

Many Thanks,
SD

In cydia use custom messages. It does all of the above that you mentioned

Of course make sure you add the source. Without the right source , U can't get the tweak

When I try to post the repo it says the moderator has to approve my post. If U can private message me I will give you the source. Otherwise you can google cydia repos

The reason why candeegyrl is having such trouble is because she is trying to post the repo to a piracy site.

This forum does not condone piracy (to include listing piracy repos). Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

The tweak "CustomMessages" can be found in Cydia under the stock/default BigBoss repo; all you need is to search for the tweak (no spaces in the name).

It does cost $1.99 (USD), so I'm sure that's why it's showing up on a piracy repo (so people can get it without paying for it - AKA theft).

All that aside, it's a pretty cool tweak and I'm sure it will do all you've listed you wish to do.

Marilyn

Marilyn I had no idea the repo I was using was what you are saying it is. I'm new to repos and what's rigjt and what's wrong. I told the moderator that so now I know. Hope he finds what he needs.

Marilyn I had no idea the repo I was using was what you are saying it is. I'm new to repos and what's rigjt and what's wrong. I told the moderator that so now I know. Hope he finds what he needs.
If you're not sure about whether or not a repo is piracy related or not, you can PM any of the forum administrators or moderators to find out.

Wow I had no idea this would cause such a dust-up! But thanks to Mickey & Scifan for the heads up. Thank you Candeegyrl for helping also.