What's new

An App question

SomeDude

Reaction score
Hey People,

I jailbroke this thing yesterday (3Gs 5.0.1) and all I really want to do is change the color of the fonts/screen backgrounds on the contacts screen, as well as the text screen. Having said that, I read through a whole slew of features last night and I'm not sure which App to choose for the job and then how to use it. I've heard winterboard mentioned a lot, but not sure if this is what I want/how it works. My main goal is since I work at night and use the phone for work, I don't want to have my night vision destroyed every time I get a text, or use the contacts directory.
Which App is the one I want and how much of a pain in the ass is it to do this? BTW, I know there is a feature on the phone to switch to what looks like a photographic "Negative" appearance screen. Tried it, not what I'm looking for. Help?

SD

SomeDude said:
Hey People,

I jailbroke this thing yesterday (3Gs 5.0.1) and all I really want to do is change the color of the fonts/screen backgrounds on the contacts screen, as well as the text screen. Having said that, I read through a whole slew of features last night and I'm not sure which App to choose for the job and then how to use it. I've heard winterboard mentioned a lot, but not sure if this is what I want/how it works. My main goal is since I work at night and use the phone for work, I don't want to have my night vision destroyed every time I get a text, or use the contacts directory.
Which App is the one I want and how much of a pain in the ass is it to do this? BTW, I know there is a feature on the phone to switch to what looks like a photographic "Negative" appearance screen. Tried it, not what I'm looking for. Help?

SD

There are 2 Cydia packages for changing fonts. BytaFont & FontSwap. These simply change the way the font looks, I don't think they can change the size tho.

I believe a package called "Shrink" can change font size along with icon size.

But I know messaging apps from Cydia like butSMS allow you to change the size of the letters in a text message. Small;medium;large. For Quick Reply & Quick Compose.

It allows you to read and reply to any text message/MMS any where in the phone, in any app and even at the lock screen, So ya don't have to open the messages app every time ya want to reply to a text message.

SomeDude said:
Hey People,

SD

Also checkout the thread called "Bigger Fonts" in this forum. I think thats what it's called. Or was it "Bigger System Fonts".

Ummm, ok. Will these change the colors of the fonts as well? What I want to do is change the way the text screen looks like now, to one where the text screen background is black & the font color is red, same thing with the contacts screen. The size of the font isn't all that important, will the above mentioned App do all this?

SomeDude said:
Ummm, ok. Will these change the colors of the fonts as well? What I want to do is change the way the text screen looks like now, to one where the text screen background is black & the font color is red, same thing with the contacts screen. The size of the font isn't all that important, will the above mentioned App do all this?

I do not think so. But I don't know for sure. You'll have to try this out yourself.