What's new

Bite SMS question

bosox20

Reaction score
I use an alarm clock app every night. If I get a text during the night, the opo up window comes on screen and stays there all night!!! Is there a way to stop this during the night??

Not really.........Unless you change the alert to shows notification banners...........Then when you get a message the notification banner will come down..........Then go away.........

In biteSMS...got settings(the little gear symbol)> Quick Reply> Use Apple Settings....

Then go to the Settings app> Notifications> Messages> Tap on "Banners"

This way when a text message comes in, the banner will come down and go away in a few seconds.......To reply when the banner comes down, just double tap the banner and Quick Reply will show up.

As an alternative to that, if you don't want to use the Banners, If you happen to have SBSettings installed, There is a toggle you can enable that will stop biteSMS alerts.........Activate that in SBSettings, then when you tap the toggle to activate it, you will not receive alerts....Then just tap the toggle again to get the alerst working again.

Hope this helps;)

Anybody know if you can turn off the group messaging option in bite sms?

badfish said:
Anybody know if you can turn off the group messaging option in bite sms?

What do you mean? There is no group messaging. However there is an ability to consecutively send messages. Is that what you mean? You need a tweak installed specifically for group messaging, like KuaiDial. Or you could use an app store app called AppZilla. It allows group text messages.

What I'm talking about is when you send a message to a group of people and everyone can see the numbers you sent it to. On the stock messaging app you can turn it off. I was wondering if you can turn it off in Bite sms. I have not been able to find a way yet.

badfish said:
What I'm talking about is when you send a message to a group of people and everyone can see the numbers you sent it to. On the stock messaging app you can turn it off. I was wondering if you can turn it off in Bite sms. I have not been able to find a way yet.

I think it applies to bite if you turn it off in stock messages too. But i dont know. I dont use group messaging.