What's new

Back from Android - Please forgive me!

hop3y

Reaction score
I'm back with an iPhone 5 after being on Android for 18 months. Worst decision of my life. My question to you;

What apps are a must? I'm not much of a gamer, but any suggestions welcome!

I'm back with an iPhone 5 after being on Android for 18 months. Worst decision of my life. My question to you;

I don't know, you know I think I saw you in the Android Forums bashing the "iPhone Fanboyz" and doing a dance over Mr. Job's death.

Well, it might not of been you. Anyway, welcome back. I'm new to iPhone, I've had iPad for 2 years, an iMac for four (just recently sold) and have always liked Apple Products. Got my iPhone 5, but if something should happen my Droid Bionic is still a suitable back up.

hop3y said:

-=Edited by Unleashed=-

Let's not start bashing other operating systems.

Android sucks

No it doesn't. Do you really want to lower yourself into that type of character. Leave that for the Android Fan Boyz who just don't know any better.

Besides they do have some good phones. Other then Siri and the fact that it's lighter and faster my Bionic would hold up well against my iPhone 5.

Android sucks

Really. That is a very myopic statement. So how do you respond to the following.

Why does Android have more market share than iOS?

How did Android, coming out 18 months after iOS, overtake iOS in less than 18 months as the world dominating OS for smartphones?

Why do phone manufactures invest very heavily in over 180+ different Android phones if by your logic they shouldn't be able to be sold?

Why does the Android community have roughly 10 hackers for every 1 iOS hacker for extending the OSes features?

Why has, and still does, Android have more features than iOS?

Why has iOS adopted more features from Android than added wholly new ones over the last 2 major release of iOS?

Do me, and the general reading audience, a favor and don't respond back with answers you can't defend.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome back to the fold....

I know what it's like as I have used a Samsung Galaxy Ace for a few mths until now,just got an iPhone5 and am glad to be back. :)

I've been an android user since the g1. I've watched it evovle. I've never been able to a say I love android. But soon as I picked up my iphone 5 I fell in love. It has more share because they sell a bunch of low end phones that everyone can afford. In my eyes android is inferior, sorry that's my opinion. Btw I had the S3, still wasn't impressed.

I have had every iphone to date other than the iphone 1 and waiting to get a 5 and have had 4 different android phones during that time as well. The latest being my current Galaxy Nexus. The nexus running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is nearly as good and smooth as iOS is in my opinion. Like stated above Android has evolved quickly with the times and has a visually more appealing interface. Sure it still has some quirks as does anything. The iPhone generally runs smoother due to better R&D and not taking chances with the latest and greatest features until they have been tested for a while normally. All in all they are both great phones with each of them having their own positives and negatives.

I would have never bought a Samsung phone. They don't update the OS and IMHO, if it don't say Motororola, it ain't a Droid.

Since Google bought out Motorola Mobile I would have thought their best bet would have been to shut out the other companies and put Android exclusively on Motorola phones. But hey, who am I to say, I'm little old me and they are big bad Google.

I would have never bought a Samsung phone. They don't update the OS and IMHO, if it don't say Motororola, it ain't a Droid.

Since Google bought out Motorola Mobile I would have thought their best bet would have been to shut out the other companies and put Android exclusively on Motorola phones. But hey, who am I to say, I'm little old me and they are big bad Google.

Actually Google can't lock anyone out. Not even Apple or Microsoft. As part of the Open Handset Alliance, Google published the Android source code under a non-pay public license with almost no restrictions. Which is why it was adopted so widely. The short legal version of the conversation is: If you put one device out for public sale, you have to post your version of the Android source code within 45 days, if memory serves. That is why so many phone makers use the ASOP build and then add extra apps that overlay functionality. That way they don't have to release the source code for their interface, only point people to ASOP at Google. Now a lot of phone makers were trying to get away with only changing the Kernel section of Android and not publishing the change. But once the lawyers got involved, every phone manufacture has finally released the code.