What's new

Att haters topic... Uprise!

I use at&t iPhone plan, and my 3G won't work. I can't use it for browsing, chatting, etc.
Anyone deal with this problem too?

Did you try reseting your network settings (settings>general>reset>network settings and a reboot?

I use at&t iPhone plan, and my 3G won't work. I can't use it for browsing, chatting, etc.
Anyone deal with this problem too?

Did you try reseting your network settings (settings>general>reset>network settings and a reboot?

I already tried.. But, it can't fix the 3G
Actually, this problem occured after I installed My3G & MyWi
But, I already uninstalled those apps.
Should I restore my firmware?

Ok. Just to be sure youve tried everthing just double check this list:

-Uninstall any 3rd party apps that affect your signal

-reset network settings

-turn on data AND buttons under settings>general>network

-restart your phone after youve done all that

Last of all if it still doesnt work, does your wifi and edge still work? If so then its gotta be an issue caused by jailbreaking. Just back up your shsh and restore to same firmware youre currently on. Then... Works? Good. Doesnt work? Take your phone back.

Last of all if it still doesnt work, does your wifi and edge still work? If so then its gotta be an issue caused by jailbreaking. Just back up your shsh and restore to same firmware youre currently on. Then... Works? Good. Doesnt work? Take your phone back.

I think thats the cause.. I will restore the firmware.
Btw, how to back up the video files in the MiTube app? I spent lot of hours to download lot of HD videos.. I don't want to lose them. hehe..

The best way i can think is to ssh into your phone and find where those videos are stored then save them onto your computer. Then later put them back if u want

The best way i can think is to ssh into your phone and find where those videos are stored then save them onto your computer. Then later put them back if u want

thx, nail it..

now the problem is, i can't restore to 4.01
the itunes keep ask me to upgrade to the newest firmware
I already save the SHSH with tinyumbrella..

(UPDATE)

I already restore the firmware..
But it doesn't fix the 3G problem.. :(

Last edited:
I never had any issues here in Hawaii. But when I was living in Maine, inside my house, my wife and I had minimal (1 bar to none) reception. We had to literally talk near a window. I think the brick house/insulation we were living at might had something to do with it. So I don't know if other carriers would had issues with it as well.
I live in Maine and have great reception, I would not go to Verizon if they come out with a Iphone , I am very satisfied with ATT.

The ONLY reason why I hate AT&T is their price of plans and the "No more unlimited data" plan

F*** AT&T
I want my damn unlimited back!

I miss Cingular. When AT&T bought them i was a Cingular customer and saw my reception go south.

I work in the Cingular now AT&T wireless Central Offices and I can tell you that the change was just the name. No equipment was altered or removed because of the name change so the reception is exactly the same as it was before!

The ONLY reason why I hate AT&T is their price of plans and the "No more unlimited data" plan

F*** AT&T

What do you mean you want your unlimited back?

You had it before gave it up and now would like it back since you gave it up?

Marc

San Francisco: wife tried to call me by the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday - No signal at all. She had to use the cell from her brother - visiting from France. ATT&T is an embarrassment in this city.

You are right, it's embarrassing how bad local politics makes at&t look in San Francisco. They have been trying to expand their network there for years. Too bad they have to get through all that red liberal tape there. I guess it's the citizens fault for voting them in.

Ferrari said:
Why did you give it up? I am hanging onto mine for dear life.

What irks me about AT&T? Their stinking policy regarding not allowing the use of one's iPhone as a wifi hotspot for the wifi-only iPad without having to cough up an extra $15 per month; to top it all off, one has to ditch one's unlimited data plan for a 2-gig limit. I would have settled for the extra $15/month if allowed to keep my data plan unlimited. It's obvious they are doing what they can to unhinge people from their unlimited data plans. Screw that & screw them!

Last edited:
bobbcat said:
Why did you give it up? I am hanging onto mine for dear life.

What irks me about AT&T? Their stinking policy regarding not allowing the use of one's iPhone as a wifi hotspot for the wifi-only iPad without having to cough up an extra $15 per month; to top it all off, one has to ditch one's unlimited data plan for a 2-gig limit. I would have settled for the extra $15/month if allowed to keep my data plan unlimited. It's obvious they are doing what they can to unhinge people from their unlimited data plans. Screw that & screw them!

I have been with AT&T for years my first cell phone was an analog bag phone that weighed 10 lb. I tried to get people up in arms on AT&Ts Facebook page over the unlimited data plans demise, and all I got was people saying 2 Gigs was enough for them I tether & use over 40 Gigs a month I live in the Pocono Mts. & my cell is my only source of Internet service there is no cable up this hollow! Nor am I hogging needed bandwidth because there are not a lot of people around here. As time goes on we will need more bandwidth because more & more things will use large amounts of data I watch TV, listen to the radio, get my news, pay my bills, study, shop, do a lot of my socializing on the net.

CALL YOUR CONGRESS PERSON ***** OVER & OVER!
No data limits & net neutrality
I have a friend in Germany that pays $46 a month for unlimited
Everything!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net