What's new

considering moving from verizon to att. opinions

bagged00

Reaction score
new on here guys debating on moving from verizon to att but worried about service. on the map the call service says its good in my area. right now i have a droid incredible and absolutely hate it. really want the iphone4 of course. so what do yall think? also what data plan would i go with? what all would fall under data? internet, multimedia messages, emails? i mainly use internet so i was thinking the 2gb. thanks in advance guys.

Assuming you're not in San Francisco or NYC, your service or signal strength should be ok.
Yes, get the 2gb plan unless your have free wifi all over your area. Streaming video over 3G is a thirsty beast. I'm in SF, but wouldn't trade because of the overall good user experience with my iP4. Good luck!

Im in ne florida and the service is great. Definitely get the 2gig plan. That includes anythin that uses data (maps, web, email, etc). That does not include sms. Ive never had verizon so i couldnt tell you how att compares but i can tell you there hasnt been a place where i didnt get att service.

I'm quite happy with AT&T other than the fact they removed unlimited data plan -.-
I don't like being restricted in what I do

I would not jump ship to fast beleive it or not AT&T has alot more sites then Verizon at least here in the south east and mid atlantic i work for a company that takes care of their cell sites and by the maps AT&T has sites in the middle of nowhere and i have never lost signal. Now for Verizon the biggest problem is CDMA!! cdma has to talk to the tower at all times so when you have low signal like i had at home the phone turns up the power and bye bye battery.Now for their LTE network im not to sure, but old AT&T is always there when i need it. Hey who knows maybe the people who change over will free up AT&T'S network!!!

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T a few months ago for the iphone 4, and I don't regret it at all. I don't notice a signal difference in area at all

I just switched after 10yrs with verizon.. Overall no issues yet other than some bad coverage in will county IL

I'm in Philadelphia. Been a long time and happy Att customer. I think their customer service is excellent.

I suggest you carefully investigate coverage as choosing a carrier should be first choice then device.

Marc