What's new

Hi new member and thinking about switching carriers question!

NoobyCIVIC

Reaction score
Hey,

Im a new member! Just got 4s with ATT and not really likeing the carrier, I came from tmobile.

So I have a question:

So I recently got an ATT 4s on nov 27th and Im not really liking the service near me, i got a few dropped calls already, connections dont go through or take along time before the first ring starts.

I'm thinking about switching over to verizon and I read that you can cancel your contract with ATT for the frist 30days of starting the plan if I don't like their service? But I have to pay for the first months service I used.

So Here is my question, when I opened the phone, my aunt heard that the guy said since I have an iPhone, I am only allowed 3days to return the phone but the service I have 30days to cancel. Is that true?

Because I plan on sucking up with ATT till mid dec so I don't waste money since I'm going to have to pay for the months useage anyways. Can I just use the phone till mid december, go to ATT store and say I want to cancel service without penalty, give back the iphone4s in mint condition, and then drive over to Verizon store and open a new plan and get the CDMA iphone 4s?

Also I would like to keep the number I'm using so shoudl I jsut go to verizon store and port the number and cancel the att plan at verizon store instead?

Any inputs?

Thanks!

-Nathan

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)

Hi Nathan... welcome to iPF.net!! If you're truly set on switching over... you best bet is to get into your At&t store (or where ever you got your 4S) and find out your time frame on returning the phone and cancelling your service. Not really anyone here that can help you on that one... since different carriers have better/worse service depending on where you live.