What's new

Atomic colors currently available:

My 2 replacement cases have been sitting in Hollywood for almost 7 days now, I hope they are having a nice time there as they haven't moved according to USPS tracking.

My 2 replacement cases have been sitting in Hollywood for almost 7 days now, I hope they are having a nice time there as they haven't moved according to USPS tracking.

No, that is not how it works. Hollywood is our closest postal hub. That was where the initial scan is. USPS unfortunately is not like FEDEX where they scan along the way. The next scan is by your postal hub.

James

Ok my 2nd gen replacement cases have arrived. Woop!

Initial thoughts, I haven't been sent the colours I asked for. I received 2 cases but only 1 case is the colour I asked for. I'm not going to bang on about this though as I really Like the colours.

The finish of the aluminium seems to be better then before. Also these particular cases are a better fit then the first gen ones I received, the first cases I had kind of bowed out and didn't fit flush against the sides.

This case (I'm going to have to stop calling this thing a case because let's face it, it's a metal bumper) anyway this bumper doesn't affect my signal at all. I can't notice a difference with it off or on. Simple as that on that front really.

I mentioned before that the first gen case killed my 3G and wifi signal. The wifi was killed so much that I could even be standing right next to the router but with the case on my phone just couldn't find it. With the new 2nd gen case I have no such problem, perhaps 1 bar is lost but that's it and it works fine around my flat now so compared to before it's a noticeable and marked improvement.

On to 3G connection. Before this case killed my 3G connection. Basically I couldn't get any with the case on. It's still much the same unfortunately, I can get a G connection but not a 3G connection. I would like to point out that I haven't left my flat yet so will reserve complete judgement until I'm out and about. As to be honest I always have wifi switched on so whenever I get home my phone connects to wifi straight away. Fact remains though that right now sitting in my room, with the case on I can only get a G connection and with it off I can get a full 3G connection.

So I've rambled on far more then I planned to. This 2nd gen case (bumper!!) is a definite improvement over the original, there's no question about that. I only wish that this was the case I was sent some months ago, I would of felt a lot better about the company and avoided all the negative emails, comments back and forth on forums and so on. I've said it before and it still remains true in my opinion that customer service has ranged from the sublime to the non-existent. As always the negatives stick in my mind and for that reason I won't be dealing with the company again, I'm sure they will be happy to seethe back of me ;)

So is this a happy ending? It might be, im not sure. Give it a few days and I'll tell you.

Will post pics later when my girlfriend comes home with my camera. I'll still stick around this part of the forum and will gladly answer any questions thrown my way.

Last edited:
Seems you have had some what of a bitter sweet relationship with the company .. lol.

Look forward to ur pics, and to how it affects performance outside.
I'm pretty sure my cases havnt been sent yet, but I cant wait to test them out here ..

In my last post I said I would give an update regarding how the 3G connection was holding up. I've been out and about around London and am pleasantly surprised to report that I can get a 3G connection without any problems what-so-ever.

It's safe to say that I actually cannot find a problem with the atomic case/bumper. I think I'm actually happy, and at the same time i'm happy to draw this saga to an end.

I'll post pics when I get a chance, was too tired last night.

Cheers Atomic ;)

This is my phone with the 2nd gen Atomic case on it. I have no problems with this case. The colour combo below is Gunmetal/red. The case still has the carbon fibre back plate on it but for some reason the other day I decided to stick one of the spare grey smoke overlays I had left over the top, I liked it so left it on. I also have another case which I believe is red/brushed, I can't be bothered to take pics of it now but once I decide to swap them over I will take pics. Not the best pics below but it's evening in London now and the light isn't too good.

SAM_0582.jpg

SAM_0577.jpg

SAM_0576.jpg

SAM_0578.jpg

SAM_0583.jpg

This for the Atomic vendor on this
Would like to order but post cost to Australia is more expensive then the case itself, if you could reduce or find another way to post I would order.

Please post pics of the other side where the antenna is. I'm curious to see if there is a slot relief there as well. Also a closeup where the two pieces mate up would be helpful.
Thx in advance

Please post pics of the other side where the antenna is. I'm curious to see if there is a slot relief there as well. Also a closeup where the two pieces mate up would be helpful.
Thx in advance

Bumper there is a slot where the antenna is and i agree with Roy after receiving my case to day totally pleased and full credit to atomic.

Would like to order but post cost to Australia is more expensive then the case itself, if you could reduce or find another way to post I would order.

We can ship via USPS Priority, but USPS priority makes us look bad. Sometimes the packages gets held up in customs and could take up to 3 to 4 weeks before delivered. This has happened many times if we put commercial sample. I would advise to spring a bit more for shipping atleast by USPS EXPRESS MAIL - they share the same plane as fedex and has tracking unlike USPS priority. (Estimate about $34.00 for usps express shipping)

James@Atomic

We can ship via USPS Priority, but USPS priority makes us look bad. Sometimes the packages gets held up in customs and could take up to 3 to 4 weeks before delivered. This has happened many times if we put commercial sample. I would advise to spring a bit more for shipping atleast by USPS EXPRESS MAIL - they share the same plane as fedex and has tracking unlike USPS priority. (Estimate about $34.00 for usps express shipping)

James@Atomic

Could you change your shopping cart to reflect this please as it only shows FEDEX, very happy with USPS express mail and will order when you update the shopping cart.

Btw Roy,

When you lie the phone on a flat surface, does the case prevent the glass from touching it, like the rubber apple bumpers ?

Thx in advance

Roy...any chance in you providing pics of antenna side and close up of mating ends? Thx

I would like to have a chat with you about a custom made case, could you please pm me your facebook?