What's new

Atomic colors currently available:

Do you have the new design? The one with the vented sides? If you don't, email them and ask for a replacement.

Is that design out yet?

If so, any news on the signal issues with this new design?

The new design should of started shipping from yesterday. My replacement was originally supposed to ship Tuesday, then I was told it would be yesterday. I'll email the guy now and see if it has actually been shipped yet.

But no, until I or someone else here (I would look out for this guy Red-Redifind's posts as well) receives the new case then we won't really know how it acts. It's meant to be a large improvement over the original, but then again the original was meant to solve the signal issue. I actually didn't have an issue with the signal...... until I put the case on. Go figure...

They do not seem to be updating their webpage. I have not yet ordered yet, because i am weighing the pros and cons on this or the vapor case. I do not see any new designs up on their website yet, nor do i see any new colors they "Claim" to be added. So it seems kinda fishy but we'll see within the next week or so what i decide to buy

They do not seem to be updating their webpage. I have not yet ordered yet, because i am weighing the pros and cons on this or the vapor case. I do not see any new designs up on their website yet, nor do i see any new colors they "Claim" to be added. So it seems kinda fishy but we'll see within the next week or so what i decide to buy

Same here. I am not ordering until I see updated information on here.

Any new or updates from anyone ? .. I've been following this thread for awhile now, and am still undecided on whether I should get one. Thanks guys

Got an email from USPS today saying that Atomic had stuck something in the post for me. So I would expect my replacement case to turn up by the end of this week. I'll do a review then comparing the old and new design.

Again I would suggest to anyone looking to buy one of these just to hold off until some of the users here have tried them out, a few days won't make any difference.

Are you the one who came up with the new design? I mean by reading your post, you have been doing all the testing and giving atomic feedback about their new design.
I should have a few of the new design to test out starting tomorrow. When I get them I will take some nice pictures, test them in several locations and report back.

I emailed Atomic a couple of days ago, spoke with Unni, nice person. I intend to order this product, they have their new design out which is supposed to help more with the signal strength. I want to see this design first with the vented sides. Anyone got it yet? thanks

I did not design this thing, I actually just had several long text conversations with Unni about how the inserts I came up with helped the reception with the old design, than that design lead to cutting the sides out making the antenna more open, and boom he shot me some pics, I said they looked awesome and now we have a new product. I took a few vids. My reviewing skills are fairly weak so far, but it gives me a chance to show off there cool new designs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4AKxTRorXg[/ame]

So far I am very happy with the new design. It is as strong as the last one, the finish is even better, the fit is spot on. My GPS now works!!! Very happy with that, and my signal is just about as good as with no case on and no need to modify my case like I did the last one. The real F1 Carbon Fiber back is SICK. I could not be happier!

Here are some pics of the new gen design in purple/pinkish and black cap installed on my wife's phone. She LOVES it!

f266106e.jpg

4f66fe64.jpg

19dcdb5f.jpg

Looks great ,
I just ordered a gunmetal red color comb, Will post a review as soon as i get it. Ill also post a performance review as I am in Australia.
Im a member on aussie forums, and there has already been a hype about these cases here, So Ill be the guinea pig, and test out whether or not theres any effect on signal in Australia. Will post link when I can.
Great performance vid btw Red !!

Awesome. I hope you will like it! I really like how they came up with the cut out side idea. The "pinstripe" fox I did on my original case worked well but not as well as this new design. I also tried a few different materials bit than Unni shot pics over shoeing this design and I am glad this was the final design. Very happy with it.

I thought he sent a composite one over but he forgot. My next video will have one of them in it. I am told there is ZERO signal loss. I suggested Durlin plastic. I guess they found something better. Can't wait to see that as well.

I would like to know more about the composite case. Is that supposed to be better overall than the aluminum? Not just signal wise but every other aspects ? For example the finish, will the paint peel of on the composite ? Since the aluminum is not painted so I would assume the color will not fade or peel off.

Would it be more than the aluminum? I am not familiar with the composite materials, and if they are better and stronger.

I really like the aluminum but if composite is better I will order that.