What's new

Atomic colors currently available:

Unni has already contacted me about the issues with the case I am having. It sounds like they are working on a fix for me. Talk about customer service. Now this is the kind of action I was hoping for. I am going to experiment with a few things tonight and I will report back to Atomic on my results. After everything is resolved I will post my end of the outcome and Atomic will more than likely report the findings as well.

I am having more problems with my case now. I hadn't looked properly before but this case is completely killing my 3G and wifi signal. As in with the case on I cannot get a 3G signal at all! It also has a massive effect on my wifi as well, standing right next to the router and it's constantly dropping the connection!

Outrageous! I can't use my headphones with this case, I can't get a 3G signal and I can't use it over wifi. The case is bowed out along one edge as well, same as "RedefinedTR" case.

RedefinedTR what email are you using to email Unni? I need to get this sorted,

Just an update for those who are having problems. After trying a few things today with my case and working back and forth with Unni I believe we have found a possible solution for any sort of signal problem. Once further details are worked out I am sure he will release the information. Right now I told him I would not say what the fix will be until something is finalized. But as of this moment all my tests seem to be conclusive that the fix I have installed has removed 99.9% of any problems the case may cause with reception, the .1% is just my human error that can not be fixed. The final fix will address that. I will keep all of you updated.

BTW, I don't work for, get paid by, or am any way associated with Atomic Cases. I just happen to be a well educated individual who spent some time going to school for engineering. I have been working with Unni from Atomic cases to come up with a fix for the signal issue and we HAVE SOLVED IT!

Alright, after working with Atomic today on the issue we have come up with a fix for the signal issue. The fix itself was not hard at all, just took a bit of trial and error.

The first proposed fix was for me to use Super 88 3M tape and line the inside of the case with that to isolate the phone from the aluminum. Because the aluminum conducts it has the same problems the death grip gives the phone. Well after some careful cutting and trimming I got it to work. However it was very tedious work and not something that is easy for everyone to do.

So I dug through my garage and found some 3M Automotive Pinstripe that I had used on the grill of my Subaru to give it the S202 look. It was a perfect fit! Fit nicely inside the channel and just hit the sides enough to isolate the phone from the case properly. So again I applied it to the inside of the case, around the entire thing, carefully trimming around the openings, and I made a slight overlap where the screws are. This fix 100% solved my problems.

To prove that it was working I did several things.

1) Tested the phone in my house with the Micro-Cell w/o Case
2) Tested my phone outside the range of my Micro-Cell w/o Case
3) Tested my phone in my house with the Micro-Cell w/ Factory Apple Bumper Case
4) Tested my phone outside the range of my Micro-Cell w/ Factory Apple Bumper Case
5) Tested my phone inside my house with the Micro-Cell with the Atomic Case
6) Tested my phone outside the range of my Micro-Cell with the Atomic Case
7) Tested my phone inside my house with the Micro-Cell, Atomic Case, and Pinstripe fix
8) Tested my phone outside the range of my Micro-Cell, Atomic Case, and Pinstripe fix

Here are the Results:

Inside House With Micro Cell:
W/O Case Apple Approved Grip: Between -48 and -71 dB depending on location
W/O Case Giving Death Grip: Between -85 and -95 "" ""
W/ Apple Bumper: Between -50 and -73 dB "" ""
W/ Atomic Case no fix: Between -81 and -90dB "" ""
W/ Atomic Case and Fix: Between -49 and -73dB "" ""

So as you can see with the fix I am only getting a 1-2 dB loss depending on my location in the house. Both where taken from marked spots. One With Full bars 10ft away from Micro Cell, one upstairs and about 75 feet away form the micro cell -1 bar from full, and outside in my garage -2 bar from full about 200 ft from micro cell.

I also tested the phone phone with the Griffin case installed and my readings where between
-56 and -83 dB. Which was worse than both the Apple bumper and the Atomic Case!
Testing on Edge Network to follow:
Initial reading showing between -1 and -2dB worse signal with the Atomic case and Fix on the phone than with no case at all, and the same results as with the Apple Bumper.

Testing on 3G Network to follow:

The FIX FROM ATOMIC:

After talking to Unni he has made the decision to go with a similar fix. Using a inlay on the case that will be die cut to fit the case and isolate the phone from the case. They will be the only Aluminum case so far with this. The little foam bumpers in in the Element case will not allow total isolation. So he has already been in contact with a place that can make the inlays for him and all the new cases will be shipping with this liner within DAYS!

If you already have a case and are having problems I am sure if you contact Unni at Atomic he will send you out a set of isolators for your phone if not better. Just please contact him, let him know your issue, and he will address it as soon as the isolators are available to him.

But no fear ladies and gents. There is a TOTAL FIX in the works, not just a band-aid like I made. It will be an exact match to the cut outs in the case so there will be no issues with it not isolating your phone.

Pics of my test fix:
photo2-2.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

Unni also assured me that he will be taking care of the customer from London who had similar problems. The issue with my headphones was addressed as well. It was something wrong with the adapter I was using on my headphones from my old 3G iPhone.

Actually you got it to work better with the insulAtion and you got a MCell.
Take it out
To the real world for a few days and then you will see a noticeable difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you got it to work better with the insulAtion and you got a MCell.
Take it out
To the real world for a few days and then you will see a noticeable difference.

I have to actually get data with and with out the case in the so called "real world" yet. However initial tests show similar results to what I got with the MicroCell

Atomic please check my order#1131, I have already have a tracking number but its seems that its been sitting their for a while. Its been 3 days now since I ordered mine and still no substantial updates regarding my order.

Hey DannyBoy, why did you edit my post?
Is it against forum rules to tell the truth about bad products?

Last edited:
Nolesfan did get banned from Macrumors and changed his name and got banned again. What a joke!!!

Hey DannyBoy, why did you edit my post?
Is it against forum rules to tell the truth about bad products?

No, it's just off topic and not improving the site. I don't think the atomic cases are a bad product... But just like the vapor they suffer from the same issues.

My apologies DannyBoy if I caused trouble.
I know there a vendor here but I don't want to see people coming on here regretting there purchase.
I guess I can't save the world and I'll leave it at that.

My apologies DannyBoy if I caused trouble.
I know there a vendor here but I don't want to see people coming on here regretting there purchase.
I guess I can't save the world and I'll leave it at that.

Thank you for your opionion.

"I'll leave it at that."

James @ Atomic

SF-RR7 do you own an Atomic case? If so try the fix I posted up until the official one is sent out. I think you than will be VERY VERY happy with your case. I know I am now happy with the reception issues. I was just having a slight fit and finish issue now, which Unni is more than taking care of for me.

Trust me, I have been part of or have helped out several businesses that are just getting started. There ALWAYS are a few bugs to work out when they start up. But once those bugs are worked out it should be an AWESOME product. After the fix I have done on mine I am having ZERO signal problems. That is really good news for Atomic and myself as well as those of you having the same issues. This means there will be a fix and it is coming shortly.