What's new

AT&T sold out of iPhone 4s

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
att-iphone4-soldout.jpg

BGR is reporting that AT&T has sold out the entire allocation of iPhone 4s that will be available on iPhone 4 Launch day. Check out the official statement from AT&T below:

"Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history. As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed. We'll email customers with confirmation once their order is placed, and again when it ships. In addition, we will have devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our stores beginning on June 24."

There has been no word from Apple on the condition of their stock, but I have a feeling it might be getting low as well with all the problems the servers have had all day.

Source: BGR and Engadget

What's the guess on first day orders? 250,000+?

doesn't surprise me, it took forever to even connect to pre-order mine today

sucks that the white one isn't available

As of 4:30 PM (PST), AT&T was sold out, and Apple was unable to pre-order me a phone. They did send me an option of pre-ordering a phone and picking it up at my local Apple Store. Problem is, my local store is over 200 miles away (one way).

It would seem that following the iPad debacle, AT&T as well as Apple should have known there would be a rush.:mad:

Failed on the AT&T site but was able to pre-order on Apple site. Fortunately the Apple Store is a 30 minute drive next Thursday!

I struggled with the apple site on my Ipad this morning, said bag it and went to work, went to the apple store and they were using the same site within the store to order, so I went to the AT&T store and after an hour had ordered one for myself and one for my wife. When i was about 12 people from the door they came out and said it would be 2-3 weeks before we would get them. What are you gonna do?

I tried all day to order online to no avail. I finally took off to the AT&T store and ordered it in person. Even in the store, their systems were up and down but I got it done. I'll upgrade my 3GS Monday.

sold out?!?! i thought they take as many orders as people want then have x amount of days to fill it? its no surprise though with all the trouble people had to order it. but why dont people go to apple directly and they go to a tee and tee?

My husband and I were at our AT&T store at 09:00am EST to place our orders. It took us over an hour with the system being up and down but we got both our orders placed and have them set up to ship to our home address on the 24th of June. Just hope they really arrive on that day as we leave for the weekend on the 25th and I would love to have the new phone with the new camera and video camera for this mini vacation.

Hey guys,
My big concern is, what happends when there is too many iPhones on the AT&T 3G network? Will it start crashing? Or slowing down? I have a iPhone 3GS and I live in las Vegas, when I go into town I notice my 3G slows down. If apple would go with verizon and with AT&T the networks might work better?

Thanks,