What's new

AT&T backorder scam

KoLDSuN said:
Being lied to by AT&T

I ordered my iphone4s 64gb on 10/7/2011 and was told I would receive on oct 14th. Then I was told tht Friday I would have it whn I called on 14th by a supervisor. Then for about 3 consecutive days I could get no straight answer, day 4 after Friday I was told 21 to 28 days from day of order which leads to today being day 28. Now I'm just told they are on backorder and will be shipped as soon as they get them but they don't kno whn they will be. Mind u I left out the dramatics of them giving me a false tracking number twice saying the were on the way. Anybody else dealing with this? Please share.

Sorry that you're going through that. I personally have been with ATT since 1995, back when it was Bell South Mobility, then Cingular, etc. To tell you the truth, I've never had a good CS experience with them, if I could change I probably would. But the area that we live in ATT has the best signal (mountain region), so I really have no choice.

I ordered to new iphones on 10.21.11, I was told the same 21-28 days. Somehow, I was lucky and they notified me only 10 days later via email and tracking # that they were being shipped, they arrived the next day via FedEx overnight.

I would stay on the phone, be persistant, polite yet firm and you can get to the "right" person to make it happen. Your order probably fell through the cracks and shoved to the back burner.

ATT has always been horrible with there customer service. When i first got my iphone from them i had called them about signal issues and they said there was nothing they can do about it but if i didnt like there answer to return the phones for a full refund, what a joke and this is why i am with Verizon now and i will never leave again!

But if I buy at the Apple store I have to pay full retail instead of $400

KoLDSuN said:
But if I buy at the Apple store I have to pay full retail instead of $400

Only if youre already on contract. If your a new subscriber then no. You'll only pay the for the phone and activation

iCrank said:
Only if youre already on contract. If your a new subscriber then no. You'll only pay the for the phone and activation

Wait. I'm confused?? I can get 4s from Apple store on a carrier contract?

KoLDSuN said:
Wait. I'm confused?? I can get 4s from Apple store on a carrier contract?

Yes..you can. You can also go to best buy and best buy mobile.

They're in route! It only took them 34 days AND I preordered on first day of pre-orders. Now it's my turn to screw with AT&T!!! Lol

I ordered my 64 gb 4S on 10/27/11 from AT&T over the phone, and I'm on day 18 and mine is listed as BACKORDER. Ordered my wife's 32 gb 4S on 10/25/11 and her's arrived last Tuesday 11/8/11. Hope to hear something this week! I also called and they said 21-28 days!

Yeah. All they are going to do is lie. Every time a timeline expires they shift it and make new one. I got mine 34 days after order, which I was originally told 10/14/11. They gave me credit to my account but that was the local stores doing. I got so mad over all the lies, tht I told them I had crazy ex girlfriends who I felt less violated by. I even tried to cancel the order in the middle and was denied. So now tht I have my phones, I told AT&T to discontinue my service, and found out about H2O which runs off AT&T's network. So I have same network for $52.99 exactly every month. Not a penny more.