What's new

How would you rate AT&T's network?

I give it a 5. I've had Verizon for 3 years no problems. Been with att for 2 years constant drop calls, weak signal. Just crap. It could be the phone too. it all began since I went to ATT b/c of the iphone.

I put in and Commission & Intergrate AT&T and Verizon Wireless equipment in their Central Offices. Verizon Wireless spent alot of money to get their wireless network where it is today and it is probly the top wireless network in the country. AT&T is still working on their wireless network but it is still very, very good and will be the most up-to-date shortly and maybe surpass Verizon Wireless. AT&T is in the process of installing their 4G & 10GE network systems as I type and this is the equipment that I am putting in and getting turned up for AT&T right now. I am getting a new iPhone 4 issued to me shortly from the company I work for and I will definetly keep an eye on AT&T's network as the new 4G & 10GE systems are turned up in the very near future.

In San Francisco, I give it a 2. Horrible. Even with 3G MicroCell at home, I get dropped calls, call failed, etc.
Verizon, otoh, is a 9.
Sprint and TMo about a 7.

I would rank the network at a solid 8. I live in central Arkansas and signal is always strong with 3g coverage in my 45 mile area. Whether in town or off on a country road my phone will rarely drop a cell phone call and internet is typically on and ready to roll. I've also lived in Phoenix and San Diego while on the networ

works "ok" in my house (Mobile Bay). Not at all in friends houses in Tallahassee and Ponte Vedra Beach Florida.

In my experience, none of the providers work everywhere & all of the time.

I'd give AT&T a 7.5

zeke

9 always room for improvement. We live in Philadelphia.

Marc

Last edited:
i would give them a 5. speed is fast when i do have a signal. otherwise, it takes FOREVER to obtain anetwork when coming back from a no service location. when i had verizon, once i come out of, lets say, the subway, i get signal right away. for ATT, when i get out, i could easily walk 6 blocks with still no data. i could still text though.

i take it back, i rate them a 3 now. been walking on broadway for the past hour and i was still not able to refresh a single webpage. ATT

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it back, i rate them a 3 now. been walking on broadway for the past hour and i was still not able to refresh a single webpage. ATT

As I said in a previous post we're in Philadelphia. I went to the Apple store in the heart of center city and was getting slower 3G connections. It's a pretty dense area of Philadelphia so I assume there were loads and loads of people on the network.

I work at a University in Philadelphia and there I get great 3G connection. At our home we get great 3G connections.

Seems like center city Philly there is slower than normal 3G for obvious reasons.

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it back, i rate them a 3 now. been walking on broadway for the past hour and i was still not able to refresh a single webpage. FCK ATT

As I said in a previous post we're in Philadelphia. I went to the Apple store in the heart of center city and was getting slower 3G connections. It's a pretty dense area of Philadelphia so I assume there were loads and loads of people on the network.

I work at a University in Philadelphia and there I get great 3G connection. At our home we get great 3G connections.

Seems like center city Philly there is slower than normal 3G for obvious reasons.

Marc

yea in new york, especially the city, is swarming with people with iphones, like me, walking down the street using their phones hogging data. sigh since when did we become so dependent on technology :(

I live in the upstate of SC while son #2 lives in NYC. When the signal is good, the i4 is great but we are both experiencing a lot of dropped calls that just don't happen with other phones on the ATT network. I'll rate it a 6 1/2 - 7. I don't even bother with the web in these areas.

I get 3g in my town fortunately, even with edge it really isn't that bad.

I live in NY. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.
Its like 2 cans and a string . -10 at best -0-

I give AT&T a 5. Phone calls drop several times with each call, loss of signal, and "garbled" voice when talking in San Francisco and surrounding areas.