What's new

Are you getting the iPhone 5? (Poll)

Are you getting the iPhone? What are your plans on release?

• Yes, I plan to line up in front of the apple store.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • yes, I plan to line up in front of my carrier's store.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • yes, I plan to get it shipped to my place

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • yes, but I'll wait it out

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • no, I'm not interested

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • other (comment your plans)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Other (maybe), depends on whether is has a 4"+ screen and LTE. If not I'll wait it out for a device (whether iphone or Android) that offers what I'm looking for.

Anyone that thinks Apple will release a LTE based phone before the end of Summer 2012 is living in a dream world with lollipops and marshmallows lining.

And anyone on a 3GS that says "I am going to wait" is probably kidding themselves.

Anyone on the iPhone 4 that wants more CPU is also getting the iPhone being announced next Tuesday.

Anyone that thinks Apple will release a LTE based phone before the end of Summer 2012 is living in a dream world with lollipops and marshmallows lining.

I don't expect it, but won't purchase one without it. I don't care for lollipops and think marshmallows are the worst food ever invented.

And anyone on a 3GS that says "I am going to wait" is probably kidding themselves.

I currently have a Droid X. A none LTE iphone, regardless of how slick it is, has no appeal to me. I will eventually get an iphone, but not until it reaches certain minimum specs I expect. This version appears not to do that.

Anyone on the iPhone 4 that wants more CPU is also getting the iPhone being announced next Tuesday.

I think you are incorrect and can offer an example. My wife has an iphone 4 and wants LTE. She is not willing to shell out $650 for a phone that doesn't offer it. I doubt she is an isolated case. I think if Apple releases a new phone without LTE, and it appears that is the case, they are making a mistake. They will still sell a ton without it, but with it they would've wiped the floor with Android and WP7. A faster processor is simply not enough for some of us to make the plunge.

I have a feeling the next iPhone will only offer minor upgrades from the iPhone 4. This seems to be Apples M.O. 4 g LTE is somewhat buggy and is only in a limited market right now. I will hold onto my iPhone 4 and will probably end up going back to Android unless Apple blows me away.

I think the only way i will trade up my 4 for the 5 is if it comes out with LTE, other than that it will useless to me because i can load IOS5 on my Iphone 4.

I don't expect it, but won't purchase one without it. I don't care for lollipops and think marshmallows are the worst food ever invented.

I currently have a Droid X. A none LTE iphone, regardless of how slick it is, has no appeal to me. I will eventually get an iphone, but not until it reaches certain minimum specs I expect. This version appears not to do that.

I think you are incorrect and can offer an example. My wife has an iphone 4 and wants LTE. She is not willing to shell out $650 for a phone that doesn't offer it. I doubt she is an isolated case. I think if Apple releases a new phone without LTE, and it appears that is the case, they are making a mistake. They will still sell a ton without it, but with it they would've wiped the floor with Android and WP7. A faster processor is simply not enough for some of us to make the plunge.

You totally missed the point.

"Anyone on the iPhone 4 that wants more CPU"

Just about EVERY jailbreaker falls into that line of thought. This has nothing to do with your personal wish list. There are ten of thousands of users that want the Dual Core A5 because of what it has shown it can do in the iPad 2. So my point is very valid. And remember, price is simply a stumbling block for tech gadgets.

Personally, anyone that can't afford to drop $600 on a new phone in an instant shouldn't be owning a smart phone to begin with. Too many people over extend themselves because they want instant gratification.

And Apple is finally doing a world wide release across more cellular providers than ever before. The next iPhone is about to take a CHUNK out of the current 51% world wide market share of Android. The only reason Android even got to that level is because the provider didn't offer the iPhone to begin with.

Oh and before you think to say I don't know anything about Android, I wrote the book on overclocking them. Still own an Motorola Droid A855 that I use daily, wife has the Droid X (which she is really starting to hate) and my oldest daughter has gone thru the Droid, Droid 2, Droid X in less than 14 months because she gets sick of the constant crashes.

You totally missed the point.

"Anyone on the iPhone 4 that wants more CPU"

Just about EVERY jailbreaker falls into that line of thought. This has nothing to do with your personal wish list. There are ten of thousands of users that want the Dual Core A5 because of what it has shown it can do in the iPad 2. So my point is very valid. And remember, price is simply a stumbling block for tech gadgets.

Personally, anyone that can't afford to drop $600 on a new phone in an instant shouldn't be owning a smart phone to begin with. Too many people over extend themselves because they want instant gratification.

And Apple is finally doing a world wide release across more cellular providers than ever before. The next iPhone is about to take a CHUNK out of the current 51% world wide market share of Android. The only reason Android even got to that level is because the provider didn't offer the iPhone to begin with.

Oh and before you think to say I don't know anything about Android, I wrote the book on overclocking them. Still own an Motorola Droid A855 that I use daily, wife has the Droid X (which she is really starting to hate) and my oldest daughter has gone thru the Droid, Droid 2, Droid X in less than 14 months because she gets sick of the constant crashes.

You're a cantankerous one, aren't you Skull. I never questioned you Android knowledge. And I think that anyone who would drop $650 on a phone that doesn't provide what they want is just plain STUPID. I'm not up for an upgrade until May of 2012. My wife in Dec 2012. I was more than willing to wander on down to my neighborhood VZW and grab a couple of ip5's. But not without LTE. I'll wait.

As for Android? Yeah, I'm getting a little frustrated with it. And gingerbread made rooting a little more labor intensive. But I have no reason to overclock my phone. It's not what steers my boat. I will eventually get an iphone, but the iphone 4 has a tiny screen and the iphone 5 (or whatever they are going to call it) doesn't look to offer LTE. So if I have to wait another year to get what I really want, then I'll wait. If I get the LTE bug between now and then, I'll grab whatever hot Android is available until such time that Apple produces a product I feel offers what I am looking for in a smart device.

You're a cantankerous one, aren't you Skull. I never questioned you Android knowledge. And I think that anyone who would drop $650 on a phone that doesn't provide what they want is just plain STUPID.

No. I am factual. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was heading off a line of thought at the pass.

And you just made the VERY point I was trying to make. A lot of people are going to do just that. Because the iPhone 4S is going to offer only one thing that they want and anything else is simply gravy.

BTW, if the new rumors are true and they take the memory from 512MB to 1Gig, a LOT of people will switch just on that spec alone.

Android will make us get a little frustrated. More labor intensive will be shown five days later....