What's new

Apps over 20mb

iHolophyte

Reaction score
Hi all. I have unlimited Internet on my iPhone so downloads are not an issue. But if I try and download an app that is over 20mb it will only do it via wireless. This is ok if I'm at home, but if I was out and about I'd have to either not download it or try to locate wireless somewhere! So this make the iPhone not as portable as you'd like. Is there a way at all to bypass this so I can download apps over 20mb or is this what apple have built into the phone?

That's the cap that apple has put on it... U can always jailbreak ur phone and buy/install My3G or 3G unrestrictor from cydia... Those allow u to trick the app store and FaceTime to think they r on a WiFi connection thus enabling u to do such tasks!!! :)

Everyone keeps saying jail break your phone.....how? Does it get done in a shop?

Go to settings > general > about. Look for your version number (firmware) and then post it up here...

Hi all. I have unlimited Internet on my iPhone so downloads are not an issue. But if I try and download an app that is over 20mb it will only do it via wireless. This is ok if I'm at home, but if I was out and about I'd have to either not download it or try to locate wireless somewhere! So this make the iPhone not as portable as you'd like. Is there a way at all to bypass this so I can download apps over 20mb or is this what apple have built into the phone?

3g un restrictor app will let you but you need to jailbreak to get it. or another app that does it i forget the name

gaz6076 said:
Go to settings > general > about. Look for your version number (firmware) and then post it up here...

4.3.3 (8J2)
Does this help?

Also it's mentioned My 3G ... Can I only get this on a jail breaked one or is there a payable app for this?

4.3.3 (8J2) is the firmware.

Also my 3G is this only jail break phones or a payable app?