What's new

Cellular data for purchase issue

HazmatJeff

Reaction score
I can't seem to activate the cellular data for purchase feature on my iPhone. I turn it on and try to download an app and it says it's over 20mb and to connect to wifi. I have true restarting the phone and resetting the cellular network, but it still pops up with the same message. How can I fix this?

HazmatJeff said:
I can't seem to activate the cellular data for purchase feature on my iPhone. I turn it on and try to download an app and it says it's over 20mb and to connect to wifi. I have true restarting the phone and resetting the cellular network, but it still pops up with the same message. How can I fix this?

Download the app on your pc 20 mb is a fairly big file I get that message from time to time

I have no issue with downloading it at home with wifi or on my PC. I just have barely used any data and the cycle ends in a few days.

This is an apple thing. Apple will only allow apps below 20mb to be downloaded via 3G anything above this has to be downloaded via iTunes or wifi. The 20mb was increased sometime ago so before this it was less. It's not you or your phone it's apple and the download limits. If your phone is jail broke you can bypass this with my3g that allows downloads over 3G and the phone thinks its wifi. But if your not jailbroke then it's just they way it is. A pain I know!

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
This is an apple thing. Apple will only allow apps below 20mb to be downloaded via 3G anything above this has to be downloaded via iTunes or wifi. The 20mb was increased sometime ago so before this it was less. It's not you or your phone it's apple and the download limits. If your phone is jail broke you can bypass this with my3g that allows downloads over 3G and the phone thinks its wifi. But if your not jailbroke then it's just they way it is. A pain I know!

iHolophyte

That's a bummer! But thanks a lot for the help! I really appreciate it!