What's new

Apple Special Event - October 30, 2018

Even if I don’t need a new device:
Watching Apple events is always amazing, seeing the improvements in technology they’ve accomplished again, and what has been made possible with those new features.

The new iPad Pro models are very expensive. In Canada the 12.9” iPad Pro with 1TB storage capacity, WiFi plus cellular and AppleCare+ has a cost of $2,548.00.

The new iPad Pro models are very expensive. In Canada the 12.9” iPad Pro with 1TB storage capacity, WiFi plus cellular and AppleCare+ has a cost of $2,548.00.
The same device is € 2,099 here in Austria. You’d get a new MacBook Air with 512 GB storage capacity and 16 GB RAM for about the same price (€ 2,089).

The iPad Pro starts from ÂŁ769 here in the UK...
Pretty expensive.

I'm impressed with the iPad Pro, but no way can I justify the high price for it :( I'll stick with the iPad Pro v1 for now. I was little disappointed Apple didn't announce a new monitor or apple tv.

Face ID works in every position on the new iPad Pro. I’m wondering when they will bring this feature to the iPhone, where you can use Face ID in portrait mode only.

Except when your hand is covering the face ID camera.

I have to say that while the upgrades to the MacBook Air would be expected, it's no longer an entry level laptop, as the previous gen before it was. It's only $200 off the MacBook Pro mark, and with 8 gb and 128 storage capacity in 2018! I'm not sure I understand who the target is for this one.

The MacMini is a welcome upgrade for anyone looking for that and the iPad was the update that actually got me to pre-order with the folio kayboard case.

I'm usually pretty amped up about new laptop updates, but I was hoping they'd keep the Air at entry level pricing.