What's new

Apple Releases iOS 5.0.1 To The Public, JAILBREAK STAY AWAY

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Today Apple released iOS 5.0.1 to the public. This release has been known to come out ever since the developers build was released last week. This new update should fix some of the battery issues on the iPhone 4S that people have been having as well as some minor bug fixes. However, if you plan to Jailbreak in the near future once the new iOS 5 untethered Jailbreak is released to the public, you should not update to 5.0.1. Doing so might require you to have a tethered Jailbreak which is somewhat tedious. Jailbreakers stay away, everyone else, enjoy this small update.​

Last edited by a moderator:
apple have patched the un tethered jailbreak that will work in 5.0.1 so hopefully we will still see that jailbreak for 5.0 released

apple have patched the un tethered jailbreak that will work in 5.0.1 so hopefully we will still see that jailbreak for 5.0 released
I honestly didn't think they'd have 5.0.1 released this quick... I'm praying that they're still signing 5.0 when I get home in the morning!!!

it never takes apple to release .01 after a major update.. with in the first few months and I have seen it released much sooner.. (after a week).

I upgraded already to 5.0.1 and I dont plan to upgrade. It just means i will probably go with out jailbreak for much longer again and that I can do, I rather be on the latest firmware rather then have my jb even if there is nothing but bug fixes lol.

it never takes apple to release .01 after a major update.. with in the first few months and I have seen it released much sooner.. (after a week).

I upgraded already to 5.0.1 and I dont plan to upgrade. It just means i will probably go with out jailbreak for much longer again and that I can do, I rather be on the latest firmware rather then have my jb even if there is nothing but bug fixes lol.
I guess I've become accustomed to the Jailbreak over the past few years. It's hard to let go and run w/ a stock device.

standby usage is much much better. minimal use since taking off charge has only dropped 2% in about 2 hours with location on. previously was 6% an hour and with location off