What's new

Planning to Jailbreak in the Future? Best Stay Away From iOS 7.0.3

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
$Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 8.30.29 AM.jpg
It's been awhile since we've heard much about the future of Jailbreaking iOS devices. After all, Apple has started adding most of our favorite Jailbreak tweaks into the iOS firmwares, hence Control Center. Yesterday the company released iOS 7.0.3 to add iCloud Keychain support, along with a few bug fixes for the Lockscreen.

According to evasi0n team member @MuscleNerd, folks wishing to Jailbreak in the future should stay away from this update. The 'Nerd-Man' states that, "Potential iOS7 jailbreakers should stay away from today's 7.0.3 for now. Too early to tell if it closes anything important for JB", in a recent tweet.

While most won't notice too many changes with the new firmware, it's usually best to be as secure as possible with Lockscreen updates, but the caveat is that it can potentially eliminate the ability to Jailbreak in the future. Currently, I am still at iOS 7.0 because I don't really see a need to update. However, the evasi0n team did mention that it is currently safe to update all the way the iOS 7.0.2.

well then. guess im screwed. 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 was very laggy for me. 7.0.3 is a lot smoother imo. so i dont think i would evenw anna stay on 7.0.2 and live with a laggy, jailbroken phone