What's new

Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Has To Come

So are they skipping the whole Pre-order step this time?? There's usually way more time between reveal and "in store" than just one week. What's up this time? Only a week from preorder to at your door? That's so quick compared to 4 and 4S.

cherryhesh said:
So are they skipping the whole Pre-order step this time?? There's usually way more time between reveal and "in store" than just one week. What's up this time? Only a week from preorder to at your door? That's so quick compared to 4 and 4S.

The 21st is still merely speculation. We won't know anything definitive till Wednesday.

The 21st is still merely speculation. We won't know anything definitive till Wednesday.
Ah. That makes more sense. No way the 21st, then. Not if Apple's consistent - and they have been. In store/PreOrder arrival dates have only ever been early June, early Sept or early Oct.

But preorders should begin this Wed.. Right?

cherryhesh said:
Ah. That makes more sense. No way the 21st, then. Not if Apple's consistent - and they have been. In store/PreOrder arrival dates have only ever been early June, early Sept or early Oct.

But preorders should begin this Wed.. Right?

They normally update the Online Apple Store straight after the presentation for Pre-orders......but don't quote me on this......!

The Archangel

If I remember well , last year for iPhone 4S & IOS 5 :

Keynote= 10/4
Release Date=10/12 , IOS 5
PreOrder=10/7
Delivery=10/14

I just checked my records , 10/7 is the day I ordered my phone...I'm surprised I waited 3 days after the keynote to place my order ;-)

Last edited:
cherryhesh said:
How does one tune in to the key note live this Wed on Internet?

Check out Engadget, they normally have live text and photo feeds......last time around they had good access via their app.

The Archangel

lmmfao across the pond though lol that was hilarious to me sorry lol

but in response it is possible that the aussies get it "before" the usa strictly speaking since theyre on different time zones BUT i highly doubt its that far ahead

Surprised you hadn't heard of the "across the pond" term. It's quite common in the UK and I have heard it a few times in the USA too. Glad it gave you a smile as life's too short to be sad.

Agree with the time difference situation allowing them to get it earlier but that would be maybe 12 hours not 8 days! I think we agree on that looking at your comment.

Bossman

When apple announces the new iPhone USA Australia and other countries will be able to pre order for delivery around 7 days later approx. the apple stores on Australia will open their doors about 18 hours ahead of USA

This has been the case for the last 5 years and more when apple released products in aust Britain Canada and USA at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Bossman said:
Surprised you hadn't heard of the "across the pond" term. It's quite common in the UK and I have heard it a few times in the USA too. Glad it gave you a smile as life's too short to be sad.

Agree with the time difference situation allowing them to get it earlier but that would be maybe 12 hours not 8 days! I think we agree on that looking at your comment.

Bossman

no ive never heard of that expression lol

either way its only another day and we can see for ourselves what this iphone 5 will consist of... it would be pretty sweet if apple has provided a red herring and we are all surprised tomorrow (in a good way) lol i feel like we know too much about the phone and tomorrows event will be boring

no ive never heard of that expression lol

either way its only another day and we can see for ourselves what this iphone 5 will consist of... it would be pretty sweet if apple has provided a red herring and we are all surprised tomorrow (in a good way) lol i feel like we know too much about the phone and tomorrows event will be boring

Agree completely. We do seem to know too much prior to the event. Previous events have shown that "facts" can turn out to be completely wrong. I too hope we get some lovely surprises as I will be getting one regardless (unless its complete garbage which I doubt!).

Bossman

Bossman said:
Agree completely. We do seem to know too much prior to the event. Previous events have shown that "facts" can turn out to be completely wrong. I too hope we get some lovely surprises as I will be getting one regardless (unless its complete garbage which I doubt!).

Bossman

if its just a stretched out screen, 2 mm thinner with siri improvements im probably going to go play with the nokia lumia 920 dont get me wrong i love apple and i love my iphone but i want something new im tired of this design