What's new

Apple Announces iPhone 6 Plus “Touch Disease” Repair Program

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple announces program to repair touch disease afflicted iPhones for a flat fee.JPG

AppleInsider reports that Apple has launched a special program designed to repair iPhone 6 Plus units that have been afflicted with “touch disease,” whereby customers whose phones have been showing signs of the screen flicker problem will be able to get their phones fixed by Apple for a flat fee of $149.

The reason for the user having to pay so much to get their phone repaired might be because Apple seems to be blaming the issue on carelessness by the user, stating, “Apple has determined that some iPhone 6 Plus devices may exhibit display flickering or Multi-Touch issues after being dropped multiple times on a hard surface and then incurring further stress on the device.”

When the issue first appeared back in August, AppleInsider reported at the time that around 11% of an Apple store’s daily iPhone service traffic was down to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus touch disease complaints.

Anyone whose phone has been affected by the touch disease issue should contact Apple or take their phone to an Apple retail store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Source: Apple activates iPhone 6 Plus repair program to address 'touch disease'

Fortunately my iPhone 6 Plus was still covered under AppleCare+ when it was afflicted with touch disease.

I've dropped my iPhone 6 Plus a few times, so yea, but I mean aren't cell phone supposed to be tested for drops, they're not like desktops. They actually get carried around.

I've dropped my iPhone 6 Plus a few times, so yea, but I mean aren't cell phone supposed to be tested for drops, they're not like desktops. They actually get carried around.
They are extensively tested, some of them to destruction. Maybe older units are more likely to suffer the problem than new ones right off the assembly line.