What's new

Android on iphone?

Alude904

Reaction score
Can somebody please update me on the lastest status as far as getting android on the iphone? I read a lil about it a while ago but never kept up. Im not saying i hate the iphone osx and want to get rid of it but i was just curious to see how the android port was coming along

Buy an android phone instead it makes no sense to offer it even if it's possible. The iPhone from ground up is designed by apple to use with apple os. If i wanted Blackberry features I would buy a blackberry if i owned a android phone and wanted. iTunes and all the neat stuff that iPhone offers I would buy an iPhone it's that simple.

why not just the android phone? some people put iphone themes on their n97 i ws like get an iphone why put the theme to make it look like the iphone :S id ont understand

Buy an android phone instead it makes no sense to offer it even if it's possible. The iPhone from ground up is designed by apple to use with apple os. If i wanted Blackberry features I would buy a blackberry if i owned a android phone and wanted. iTunes and all the neat stuff that iPhone offers I would buy an iPhone it's that simple.

Well maybe he wants both operating systems without having to shell out more money for a contract and a droid phone.

Maybe he just wants to because he can? ya know, like putting mac osx onto a pc? it shows capability of the phone as well.

For example :

1:"oh hey i just got an android phone, kicks your phone to the dust man"
2:"oh yeah? *reboots phone into android os* now mine can do everything yours can and more. bet your droid CANT do that. droid can my ass."
3:"...where can i get the iphone 4? i want the one with the more gee bees and the wifis"

Having the theme is way different. I juat thought it would be pretty cool. Ive been reading how android is the most popular os in the smartphone. Not sure if you can put such a claim on something like that but it sure does make you curious

i dont like the idea. if i want android on my iphone ill just buy the android phone ;p

For the latest in iDroid development, visit the iDroid forums. The ability to dual boot allows us iPhone users to explore other operating systems and how they work, so that we can improve our own. Being that android is open source, it allows for greater sharing and cooperation between multiple people and thus multiple intellects.

Frankly it opens a can of worms. I personally cannot understand trying to do it why not just decide what platform you want and buy the best phone you can afford. I find it interesting that the level of the support for broken cracked phones is about 70% because many get into trouble.
Its your call

Col.Bris

The main sentiment I'm feeling from this thread is, why would I want to try something else out, it might hurt my phone or I already have the best phone so all others aren't worth my time. Exploration is at the heart of hacking, and porting android is a way to not only explore android, but to explore the limits of what an iPhone can do. Take a second to reach around you and realize that you are shackled to the wall, viewing the images projected for you Plato's allegory of the cave)

Well maybe he wants both operating systems without having to shell out more money for a contract and a droid phone.

Maybe he just wants to because he can? ya know, like putting mac osx onto a pc? it shows capability of the phone as well.

For example :

1:"oh hey i just got an android phone, kicks your phone to the dust man"
2:"oh yeah? *reboots phone into android os* now mine can do everything yours can and more. bet your droid CANT do that. droid can my ass."
3:"...where can i get the iphone 4? i want the one with the more gee bees and the wifis"

it is like that in a way. you buy a pc and one day decide you want to try out the mac osx before buying a mac for so much money and not liking it. but with a phone they are all the same price. android and iphone. some people when i had a n97 where putting iphone themes making their n97 to look like the iphone every one had the same reaction thinking whats the point just get the iphone if you want it. the prices where the same for either n97 32GB memory or 3gs at the time 32GB

Edit: i installed a hackingt0sh on my hp laptop i had no end of problems with it. but now i just got the mac. its not the same thing for instance the trackpad on the mbp its worse putting it on the pc its not the same experience with out the hardware from apple

Last edited:
If your interested in Android Phones, check out the Samsung Captivate. I have been super impressed with it :)

Here's a good site to learn more about AT&T Android Phones: ATTDroids.com