What's new

Downgrading iPhone 4 with 7.0.6 to any other version

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomachado666

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an iphone 4 with the lastest update (7.0.6?) and i cannot get the icloud account (someone from USA gave me the phone and he is no more :(. )
I would like to know if there is a way to bypass the iCloud protection or to downgrade to a simpler version, like iOS 5 or 6...

I don't care if it's jailbroken or the stock version, i had the iPhone 3G with sn0wbreeze a while ago, then i changed to android and started rooting,installing custom roms, kernels and more... so i have some experience and would like to know if i can get any tool to make it work .

Im so desperate to use it that i am willing to install Android if required haha!.

I guess that if i go into DFU and install a beautiful jailbreak it should work...

Unless you have the iCloud account credentials, your device is unusable, regardless of whether you can or cannot downgrade it.

And is there another way to get it? (The credentials)...
I would love a ray of hope... jailbreaking to a lower version on dfu mode doesn't work either i guess

Or to know the icloud user and data so i can get it with apple support

Last edited:
Apple will not provide you with any information as there's no way to verify whether the device was indeed legitimately sold to you, or whether it was stolen or lost. Ragebreak does not hacktivate the device, nor will hacktivating work to bypass the activation of the iCloud screen without the proper exploits to do so, and RedSn0w as well as Evasi0n7 does not hacktivate iOS 7. Even if you were to be able to bypass the iCloud activation, the device is still a brick. Nothing will run without you having to re-exploit it every few seconds.

Well i would love to try,
How should i exploit it , (at least once, i would like to see it working :/ )

I'm not talking about using a utility like RedSn0w that's pre-coded to use LimeRa1n, I'm talking about actually using an on-board exploit in the raw on your own and making it happen. No one will ever release a method to bypass the iCloud activation. There are literally a handful of iOS hackers that can make it possible, and they will never bend their ethics to do so.

Well, it's simple, if i want to use my phone as an iPod, Can i do that? ...
the phone is from USA, i brought it to URUGUAY which is my country...

I would appreciate more info...

Well, it's simple, if i want to use my phone as an iPod, Can i do that? ... the phone is from USA, i brought it to URUGUAY which is my country... I would appreciate more info...
Since you don't have the iCloud ID and password you can't bypass the activation lock. Essentially the iPhone is a brick that can't be used for anything.

And can something from here work?

Piracy Site Removed

I really would love to use it as ipod :(

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way to make this phone work if you do not have the AppleID and password. NONE. It is truly a brick made of metal and glass.

As this question has been asked and answered several times in this thread - we will now close it.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.