Analyst Says Apple Will No Longer Be Cool in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture105.jpg

Within the past few days we've been reporting on lots of analysts and pundits who have been voicing their predictions for Apple's performance in 2012, and most of them have been glowing, to say the least, but Brian Deagon at Investor’s Business Daily appears to be swimming against the generally positive tide of expert opinion with his pronouncement that Apple will be seen to stumble in 2012, mainly because, he says, the Samsung Galaxy is a “cooler” phone than the iPhone, which he says is “boxy, flat and feeling stale.” Deagon goes on to say that the supremacy of Apple’s iOS platform will be threatened by the continued growth of Google’s Android OS platform in 2012. “Smartphones and tablets will become commodity items and Apple will be eaten by the collective Android gang,” he predicts. Deagon concludes his bleak prediction for Apple by saying that the TV market is the “next big hope” for Apple, but he says that success in this field will not be easy to achieve, given Samsung’s current dominance of that market.

Source: 2012 Tech Predictions: Apple, Google+, Twitter Will Flail; Amazon, IBM, Facebook Will Fly - Investors.com, via Apple will stop being cool in 2012, IBD says

Maura said:
Within the past few days we've been reporting on lots of analysts and pundits who have been voicing their predictions for Apple's performance in 2012, and most of them have been glowing, to say the least, but Brian Deagon at Investor’s Business Daily appears to be swimming against the generally positive tide of expert opinion with his pronouncement that Apple will be seen to stumble in 2012, mainly because, he says, the Samsung Galaxy is a “cooler” phone than the iPhone, which he says is “boxy, flat and feeling stale.” Deagon goes on to say that the supremacy of Apple’s iOS platform will be threatened by the continued growth of Google’s Android OS platform in 2012. “Smartphones and tablets will become commodity items and Apple will be eaten by the collective Android gang,” he predicts. Deagon concludes his bleak prediction for Apple by saying that the TV market is the “next big hope” for Apple, but he says that success in this field will not be easy to achieve, given Samsung’s current dominance of that market.

Source: 2012 Tech Predictions: Apple, Google+, Twitter Will Flail; Amazon, IBM, Facebook Will Fly - Investors.com, via Apple will stop being cool in 2012, IBD says

Well that guy is as wrong as he can get about that.

Didn't even read the post, the title is just so wrong.

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Edited by IPF.net Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
rxcx5790 said:
Galaxy phones are awesome! So if you like that then go for it as far as my iPhone 4s never fails me and I can always count on it.

All except for the galaxy nexus.

Galaxy phones are awesome! So if you like that then go for it as far as my iPhone 4s never fails me and I can always count on it.
I'm having the same exact point of view as you do. iPhone will be my best for another 5 years to come.
Prediction or not, it's my money, the iPhone quality, value, power. Not some analyst saying.

bab2010 said:
I'm having the same exact point of view as you do. iPhone will be my best for another 5 years to come.
Prediction or not, it's my money, the iPhone quality, value, power. Not some analyst saying.

I could not agree more. I don't know five years, but at least 3 more years for sure.

Analyst are like weather forecasters, they are wrong most of the time and have no idea what they are looking at. I seriously doubt this was an unbiased opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.