What's new

Analyst Predicts Apple Will Release iPad Mini and 4G iPhone 5 With NFC in 2012

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
2607-iphone-4s.JPG

Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White, who had Apple as his top stock pick for 2011 last year, has, BGR reports, also picked Apple as his top stock for 2012. In a research note issued on Tuesday, White explained that he had once again chosen Apple as his favoured stock because of the rich promise of the three new products that he believes the company will be releasing this year, namely iPad mini, iTV, and a completely redesigned iPhone 5. BGR notes that White first put forward the idea of Apple releasing an iPad mini back in October 2011. However, although the term suggests that he thinks Apple will be releasing a smaller iPad, he was actually meaning ‘mini’ in terms of price, rather than size. In fact, he seems to share Digitimes’ view that Apple will be releasing two iPads this year, one in the higher price bracket, and one in the ‘mini’ price range of around $200.

Turning to the iPhone 5, Ticonderoga say that it will have a completely different look, with a bigger screen and new “unibody form factor” as well as a major feature upgrade, including NFC (Near Field Communication) and 4G.

Finally, White adds his voice to those who say that the iTV is coming in 2012, saying that he believes that Apple will launch a “Smart TV that delivers a clean, crisp and simple experience that connects seamlessly with the Apple digital ecosystem.” Looks like we’re in for another exciting year!

Source: iTV, 'iPad mini' and iPhone 5 with NFC, 4G extend Apple lead in 2012

It's too bad these experts don't get fined for their incorrect predictions.... They rarely get it right. Yet they keep right on publishing trash and getting paid for it...

It's too bad these experts don't get fined for their incorrect predictions.... They rarely get it right. Yet they keep right on publishing trash and getting paid for it...

they are predictions and there is no way for them to be able to know if its true or not.. thats why they are called predictions and not claim thats what it will have.. no one knows the information but lots of readers would like to know what they think will be released by apple.. thats all any one can do until apple actually announces it

Well, I was going to purchase an iPAD2 with some of my income tax refund this year, which would be around late January or early Feb. However, now I am wondering if I should wait to see what the new iPAD offers or go ahead and get the iPAD2...

Well, I was going to purchase an iPAD2 with some of my income tax refund this year, which would be around late January or early Feb. However, now I am wondering if I should wait to see what the new iPAD offers or go ahead and get the iPAD2...

If you wait you'll pay top dollar or if you wait you can pick the iPad 2 up a lot cheaper than what it is now.

iHolophyte

Exactly what I'm doing ~ getting the iPad 3 with my taxes.

Or get the iPad 3 that might be announced this month.. Not sure I would go with the iPad 2 so long after its release.

I agree!

24th January apple have a conference so lets see what they will announce (if anything)