What's new

AMAZING new theme for Winterboard exxOS (iPhone 5 compatible)

Jmills87

Reaction score
I just purchased what I think is the best theme I have ever seen for Winterboard. This theme exists for Dreamboard already but I can't stand Dreamboard. Luckily the developer has ported it to Winterboard and it looks absolutely stunning. Unfortuantely this theme requires Gridlock which is not yet compatible with iOS6 but chpwn is working on an update. I tried to use iBlank in place of Gridlock but it's just too much work. I can't wait for the update because this theme is going to be amazing on my phone.

That said this is a very complex setup theme, it will probably take 30mins-hour even for the most skilled theme applier. I would give difficulty of install a 4/5, definitely worth the effort though. This theme is compatible with iPhone 4, 4S and 5 from firmware 4.3-6.1.2.

Winterboard exxOS

$vorschaufinal.jpg $2er.jpg

Of how the whole theme came together. 100 MB size and some sections didn't work.
Jmills pointed it out very clearly... that this theme requires quite a bit of effort to get setup properly. Plus... it's still in beta since Gridlock hasn't been update to work w/ iOS 6.0+. So, you're not going to get the full effect just yet.

Ya, this is definitely not just an install and go theme. You have to copy all the folders to the correct location, you need to have iconoclasm, infiniboard, springjumps and gridlock to set it up and then you need to take some time setting up all of the springboard pages before applying the theme. I set up the first 2 pages of the theme using iBlank in place of gridlock and the theme looks amazing.

Also not sure why you are saying it took a long time to download. If you purchased it from the developer, he sends you a mediafire link to the files which is a super fast download. It took me maybe 2 minutes for the download.

Last edited:
Seems nice. The only problem I have with the theme is the fact that the picture on the left doesn't scroll as you scroll up and down. Working on modding it do so just that.

Ya, it's barely even out of beta right now, I'm sure he will come up with something to fix that. I'm just waiting for gridlock to be updated for iOS6 before even attempting to set this up, cause once it's set up I'm never touching it again lol.

Since I don't use widgets, I don't care that I can't have a blank space for the widget (with no Gridlock update). And, I've got a lot of icons, so I was able to fill each screen so the Springjumps tweak icons lined up properly.

So, I bought the theme via Themeit and installed it. It took a while to set up, TBH (especially making my own tab icons). But - this is what I've got:

6uqany5u.jpg

I still would like Gridlock, however, because I usually keep my page two empty for downloads and temp bookmarks. But, since its just a catch all, I guess it can be messy for now. :)

Thanks, Jmills87, for bringing this up. This really piqued my interest because I thought it looked gorgeous (and I've never used the Springjumps tweak before). I had to try - and I'm so glad I did! My first venture with anything relatively complicated [with theming] and I'm quite pleased. :)

Marilyn

Last edited:
That is awesome. I feel I'm not experienced enough for this theme but I WANT IT lol

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner