What's new

Proposal for a new STICKY: "Bluetooth Hardware Compatibility List"

DJKnutsen

Reaction score
I have been trying to get our iPhone 4s's and our AT&T in-house cordless system working, but the result is the iPhone stops ringing after a few hours... searching I find no bluetooth manufacturer that states compatibility with the 4s... contacting them (several..) I finely received an honest reply from one (so far..): As you can see (below..)... it's going to cost us a lot of time and frustration (and money..??) to experiment on our own to see if anything out there works... This issue may well bleed over into other bluetooth applications... So I can state absolutely that the AT&T cordless bluetooth enabled system (TL92371) does NOT work. and I will be adding to this list soon, our 2012 Subaru Forester, and an after market Belkin AirCast Auto... Hand-free bluetooth devices... My web searches found many others, so I hope you all join in and list your devices here as well... Maybe iOS6 will help cure some of this up, but who knows..??

Thank you for contacting Panasonic. We cannot guarantee the compatibility of the iPhone 4S with the Bluetooth feature of our units.
Compatibility may vary amongst cell phone manufacturers as they apply different levels of the Bluetooth standard. Some cell phones are not compatible at this time due to the difference in the manufacturer's software. We are currently investigating this and we are working to improve cell phone compatibility in the near future.

EDIT 9-1-12... We now have both hands-free systems working (Forester and Belkin..) and they seem to behave properly with our 4s phones, so at this point, it appears that the more complex in-house systems look like the challenge... I haven't found any manufacturer that will state compatibility with the 4s so far... but it's only been out a year so..???

EDIT 9-5-12...Response from...
Uniden ... CELLLiNK™ Cordless Telephones are compatible with most Bluetooth® enabled mobile phones ..... We do not have a specific model list. The only real way to know would be to test it out.

EDIT 11-2-12... So now that I've updated to iOS6.x I decided to try my AT&T cordless system again... and it seems to work..!!! I read in one of the reviews that the new iOS addressed bluetooth issues, and I think they nailed the problem... at any rate, ours has been working now for a week and half... It never lasted that long before... I suspect it was something to do with bluetooth 4 clearing buffers differently than 3... but it does appear to work fine now... yah..!!!

Last edited: