What's new

Am I Screwed?

LordOfGiblets

Reaction score
About 1 year ago, I got a used 3GS, updated it to Firmware 4.3, the Jailbroke and unlocked it with (If i remember correctly) Ultrasn0w and Cydia,during this jailbreak, i chose to update the Baseband to 6.15. Today I attempted to update it to 5.1.1 with redsn0w, and recieved error 3194. According to some forums, i'm boned, having changed the Baseband, Apple will never validate an iOS update. I'm now stuck in recovery mode, cannot get the phone to STAY in DFU (Goes right back to Recovery unless unplugged from PC, and that is kinda useless) and all my attempts to restore iOS 5.1.1 (Via Redsn0w again) end with error 10. Foolishly, I have no saved blobs in cydia (aaargh) and while I do have a full backup of the phone in iTunes, I don't think it will do me any good! Any thoughts, or am I just totally screwed and stuck with a brick?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long text but a full explanation of what i have tried so far seemed a good idea in this instance.

No, that's not why you are getting 3194. 3194 either means that your iTunes is out of date or you are blocking Apples servers in your HOSTS file. Since you tried to restore a factory firmware you corrupted your baseband, so once you restore 5.1.1 you will have to reinstall the iPad baseband in order to unlock. MuscleNerd will be releasing a baseband downgrading feature in Redsn0w in the next few days.