What's new

problem with Jailbreak ios 4.3.5 with redsn0w for win 0.9.9b1

sudhirmhrj

Reaction score
Dear Friends

I am new to the iphone jailbreaking. I have a iphone 3gs. As it was connected to the computer my itunes updated its firmware to 4.3.5 and i googled for the jailbreaking tools and found the redsn0w version 0.9.9b1 i used the redsn0w and clicked on jailbreak and install cydia. After jailbreaking data downloded to the iphone done something in the phone and restarted the phone. And it was stuck in the appple logo. I waited for about an hour still nothing so i turned the phone off and on again but the phone went to recovcery mode. Now i am not able to boot the phone in normal mode and stuck in the recovery mode only. It went to the DFU mode but am not able to restore the firmware also. when i try it gives me 3194 error. I again googled and found that it can be corrected by patching the host file with gs.apple.com to point to some ip address. I did that but still it gives me the same error 3194.

Please Help
:iphone4vert:

Dear Friends

I am new to the iphone jailbreaking. I have a iphone 3gs. As it was connected to the computer my itunes updated its firmware to 4.3.5

So basically you mean you connect your iPhone to your computer and WOW like a magic, iTunes open up and check for the current version of iOS on your phone and found out that it wasn't update and automatically update it to 4.3.5? iTunes does that kind of things now? Well I got to Keep my phone away from my computer now, iTunes is getting toooo powerful nowadays.

With iOS 4.3.5 all you can have is what you had describe in your post and it's called a "tether jailbreak" you need to use redsnow tool to boot up your device after jailbreaking it, and you will do so every time you turn off or your device turn off.
Connect your phone to your computer, open up redsnow and there should be an option you click to boot tether, follow onscreen instruction if there is any and that's it.

Last edited:
With iOS 4.3.5 all you can have is what you had describe in your post and it's called a "tether jailbreak" you need to use redsnow tool to boot up your device after jailbreaking it, and you will do so every time you turn off or your device turn off.
Connect your phone to your computer, open up redsnow and there should be an option you click to boot tether, follow onscreen instruction if there is any and that's it.

Still In the logo screen where just pineapple logo is seen its been 30 min how long will it take??

what do i do now
plz help

Last edited:
after 30 min it again showed me the screen with USB connect to ITUNES

after 30 min it again showed me the screen with USB connect to ITUNES

:) you can wait all that time looking at the screen??? OMG, you need to do something, what tool did you use to jailbreak it? Use the same tool to boot tether your phone, I mean connect your phone to your computer, open up your jailbreaking tool (redsnow) and there should be an option to allow you to boot tether your iPhone, just follow your jailbreak tool instructions.

:) you can wait all that time looking at the screen??? OMG, you need to do something, what tool did you use to jailbreak it? Use the same tool to boot tether your phone, I mean connect your phone to your computer, open up your jailbreaking tool (redsnow) and there should be an option to allow you to boot tether your iPhone, just follow your jailbreak tool instructions.

Thank U for the reply

but i already did that all still same problem. no solution yet.

SEEKING HELP

Have you try to re-jailbreak again? Hold power and home buttons till you see the recovery screen, factory restore it and then jailbreak it again. Maybe something went wrong with the jailbreak? I would try to fresh re-jailbreak once again anyway to make sure that jailbreak process is correct. Also what is the version of redsnow that you are using to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5?

It would be nice to know. As I'm wanting to jailbreak this one iPhone 4 vesion 4.3.5 baseband 04.10.01. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4 Black 16gig version 4.3.5 (8L1)