What's new

Advice please

Tony888

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is an unthethered jailbreak for Iphone 3GS firmware 4.3.5 ?

If there isnt, will downgrading to a lower firmware solve the problem ?

cheers

It depends whether you have the old bootrom or new bootrom 3GS.

If you have old bootrom, then yes, redsn0w can untether jailbreak 4.3.5 on your device.

If you have the new bootrom, then no. And you will not be able to downgrade unless you have SHSH Blobs saved for your phone for the version of IOS you want to downgrade to. Have a look in our jailbreaking section, we have lots of good information in our stickies there.

Hope that helps.

I have the iPhone 3GS and the 4th and 5th digits of my S/N is 04. Does that mean I have an older boot rom??

Th best and easy way to find if you have a old bootrom is with iDetector-v1.0.1 from ih8sn0w. If is old bootrom the you can jialbreak untether 4.3.5 and even 5.0. If is new then you can downgrade to any firmware for with you have the shsh saved. If you do not have shsh saved for any that you will still be able to downgrade to 4.1 and have untether jailbreak. Let me know if it worked, if not if you want can do it for you online, just send me PM message

I have the iOS 5.0 and I've not been able to find out what jailbreaking tool will let me jailbreak unteathered. And I've tried to to down grade firmware from 4.3 to 4.1 but was unable to do it. What firmware is the better one to have??

you can jailbreak untether with redsn0w, last version 0.9.9b7, but only if is old bootrom. If not seems almost imposible not to be able to downgrade to 4.1, but must be a custom firmware made with snowbreeze and you must put to dfu pwaned dfu before restoring