What's new

HELP Iphone OS 4.2.1

But its for FM 4.2.1 So it should work. What do you think palio...

well if the devs say 3g and 3gs only then thats what it is, i wouldent try it on your iphone 4 you may end up making it a lot worse, i advice to wait because the devs will come up with something for the iphone 4 basebands, i know its annoying waiting and not having a phone on your IPHONE but using this method on your 4 may make you end up with no phone at all and screw it up...

i used to need unlock in 2007 and i would upgrade and wait for unlocks but back then they would be releases much quicker even the week waiting was annoying so i can imagine now with the 4 how annoying it is having to wait.

but there is no good news here im afraid

In short the iPad baseband only works for 3GS or older...

well the 2007 iphone did not get the 4.XX fw update and the beta 4.3 wasent even released for the iphone 3g so that might not even get it and will be unlocked for life via the ipad baseband method.

i just saw this on iclarified..

These are instructions on how to unlock the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G for use with any GSM cellphone carrier using UltraSn0w. This will work with the iOS 4.2.1 firmware if you are on the 06.15.00 baseband.

Before you can follow these instructions you must have a jailbroken iPhone and you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware).

To find your firmware and modem firmware(baseband) versions you can follow this tutorial.

If you are on T-Mobile remember to turn off 3G before starting...

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

take a look

Yeh I have seen the tutorial and it means it is possible to unlock iphone 4.2.1. But the thing is that how to update the base band. because my Iphone has baseband 3.10.1 so I need to update it to the 4.x series to unlock it according to the tutorial but the thing is that It need redsnow 0.9.6 beta 5, but I couldnt find it anywhere so If u find it anywhere please post it here. And one more thing can this unlock be done on iphone with tethered jailbreak bcz if yes than i can give it a try but if not that we will have to wait.:iphone4vert:

Last edited:
Hey One more thing its outta the topic but its important. Its that My Iphone is jailbreaked now but everytime I install a cracked app with itunes, after installation it gives an error E080800 or something like that, so how can I install the apps now. With out wifi if possible.
ALSO give me the list of apps that I need to install into cydia.
Thanks

Last edited:
The ipad baseband doesn't work for the iphone 4. Discussion of cracked apps is not allowed on these forums. SB settings and winterboard are the first two things i always install...

Hey brothers I just viewed a video on youtube showing how to untethered jailbreak your iphone 4.2.1 with redsnow 0.9.7 b4. It looks simple but the thing is that I cant find the beta 4 version anywhere every link is dead. SO HELP PLEASE
HERE IS THE LINK

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj2DfMjvjuc[/ame]

Last edited:
I had a few hands with the BACK TRACK linux. SO I wonder if it will do the trick.
But still redsnow is not available for download

i dont know where to dl the beta either, even though i am on a mac and have dev access i never wanted to try it

Hey palio one quick heads up bro Tell me what firmwares of Iphone can be unlocked uptil now. Im upto something here so Give me a quick reply.
AND will the base-band change when the firmware changes.

Last edited: