What's new

Activation required when I lose signal/wifi

lencuff51

Reaction score
Currently on a cruise where I lose signal and WiFi each evening. After a short time my phone says activation required but wife's phone on same carrier and identical phone doesn't get this message and can still be accessed mine is rendered useless until either WiFi or signal restored. Any ideas please?

Maybe something in your iPhone settings is causing the problem. Next time you get your iPhone activated go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will not erase any data and will set all your network settings to factory default. You will have to log in again to sites that normally remember you. Here’s the relevant Apple support page. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Thanks. Tried everything else except that one. Will see what happens tonight when signal/wifi goes

Sadly that didnt work. 10 minutes after signal gone and phone says update successful now need to activate

Have you tried Reset All Settings? If that doesn’t work you may want to contact your carrier to see if the problem is at their end.
BTW, what update was successful?
Also, as soon as you can reactivate your iPhone go to Settings>General>About and scroll gown the list until you get to carrier. Is the carrier software version number the same as on your wife’s iPhone?

Same carrier version. Last update was to ios 12.4.2

It may be possible that there’s a fault in your iPhone that’s causing the problem. If you can, back up your iPhone with your computer or iCloud then erase and set it up as a new iPhone. If the problem goes away then a corrupted software was on your iPhone.