What's new

Activating repaired iphone 5

Orf#1

Reaction score
After tinkering with my wife's broken iphone 5 I got hooked on the internal working and all the little parts. I now have 9 phones i bought on eBay for parts only on my work bench. i have 4 of them back to life 1 is lost phone locked of witch i'm trying to contact the owner to get his phone back to him but to date he does not answer his phone. the other 3 are my stumbling block. I don't understand the sim card and activating process. To cut to the chase here is what I would like to do activate the phone use them myself to make suer all is working as it should before passing them along. Here is my questions what sim cards do i need to be able to use in a number of phones for a short time a carriers card? prepay? straight talk? where does the phone number come in?
I know I have to activate with an apple id and remove that id when i pass the phone on . The software is what I don't understand if someone could walk my through this process I think i could do back flips but at 80 can you see that picture. I hope that you have a idea as to what I'm trying to do. Thanks James

If the iPhones are carrier locked, they'll only work with a SIM card from the original carrier. The phone number is associated with the SIM card. Changing a SIM card will change the phone number if the cards are for different accounts.

scifan57 thanks for the replay. I thought I was following the forum rules if not please point me in the right direction. The phones i'm working with are carrier unlocked with the exception to the one that is lost phone locked. I did get in touch with the owner by phone (His number was on the phone) and was told that he had not lost a phone and did not know what i was talking about so ill give up on that one. As for the other phones they are a mixture of CDMA and GSM sim cards. What i would like to do is get a CDMA sim card from a carrier (Sprint, Version) prepay? straight talk? activate the phone use it for a short time deactivate it remove it from apple id move on to the next phone. Question can that be done? If so how. Thanks again

It can be done. You'll have to work with the cellular carriers when switching SIM cards from one phone to another.