What's new

activating a verizon iphone 5 with bad esn

canrunin

Reaction score
if i buy a verizon iphone 5 with bad esn if i was to take out my sim card of the phone i am using now,trim it on down to a nano sim card and put it in the iphone 5, i think it should work. or will it not work? seen a video where the guy bought a verizon android phone with a bad esn,put his sim card in it from the verizon phone he was using and it worked. anyone do this? anyone know if it will work? thanks

It wouldn't work without a backdoor unlock, which isn't supported by iPhoneForums. The bad ESN would be recognized and will prevent you from using it whether or not it's unlocked. The only exception is if you use a carrier that doesn't piggyback off of a major carrier in like Europe or the middle east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

sorry i dont know what a back door unlock is?

Backdoor unlock is where your ESN and/or IMEIs are forced on the whitelist. When unlocking using a standard legit IMEI unlock, there is a level of clearance that your phone has to go through. Backdoors bypass this check. It works for some carriers and not for others. Backdoors are illegal and aren't supported, so I won't tell you where and how to get it. Just going to educate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

thats fine,i was just trying to figure out how the guy in the video got the android phone to work if it had a bad esn. he just put in a sim card and it worked. thanks for the help