What's new

about upgrading to 5.0.1

vlad2280

Reaction score
hey guys,
i was wondering, my iPhone 4 is on 4.2.1 and i want to upgrade it to 5.0.1 (Jailbroken of course),and i need to know if when i upgrade it and jailbreak it, does it deletes my contact list, my notes and calendar events?

can u tell me how can i save those things please?

Won't it be smarter to just wait the couple of days for the untether 5.1.1 jailbreaks before updating? So you can have the latest OS with jailbreak instead of staying in the past OS?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

i tried every thing in itunes, it just wont work, i mean there is a tutorial on how to save contacts and stuff like that, trough the info tab of my phone in iTunes but it wont show me that it saved.

vlad2280 said:
i tried every thing in itunes, it just wont work, i mean there is a tutorial on how to save contacts and stuff like that, trough the info tab of my phone in iTunes but it wont show me that it saved.

How about you just use am email address.

Simple...easy. Save your notes and contacts via Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars> toggle contacts on.

Done.

Now when you add the account after restoring to iOS 5, your contacts will be there almost I instantly.

No matter what DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP in any way.

Restoring to iOS 5 from a 4.x backup is just a bad idea plain and simple.

Setup as new and start from scratch. You will be much better off. iOS 4.2.1 is too damn old.lol.

But yeah, backing up up contacts is as easy as toggling a button on in one of your email accounts. Just make sure only ONE account is backing then up.

No need to restore from backup to keep contacts, notes, and whatever else you can toggle on in an email account.

i was attempting to upgrade my device to 5.0.1 and jailbreak it, but apparently iTunes wont let me update to IOS to 5.0.1 since the new release of the 5.1.1, so it doesn't leave me much choices but to wait for the 5.1.1 jailbreak.

i was attempting to upgrade my device to 5.0.1 and jailbreak it, but apparently iTunes wont let me update to IOS to 5.0.1 since the new release of the 5.1.1, so it doesn't leave me much choices but to wait for the 5.1.1 jailbreak.
If you're currently JB... check your Cydia home page and see what iOS versions are listed at the top. If you have 5.0.1 listed then you can update to 5.0.1 using a custom IPSW.