What's new

Upgrading IOS to 5.0.1

vlad2280

Reaction score
hey guys, i need help in something.
i got the iPhone 4 with IOS 4.2.1 and i want to upgrade it to 5.0.1 and i have never done any Jailbreak upgrade before, so i want to know if when i upgrade my iPhone and jailbreak it again, does it Deletes every thing i got on it, are the tweaks i had installed are Deleted too, Music Etc....

upgrading firmware will delete everything unless you chose update instead of restore... but even doing an update or restore will result in you losing all of your jailbreak apps, there is no way around that one but you can use apps such as aptbackup or pkgbackup and backup all your cydia apps

And don't even try to use apps like APT Backup or alike apps to back up your cydia apps/tweaks and then restore your cydia apps/tweaks after upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 you will brick your iPhone as not all cydia apps/tweaks are compatible with iOS 5.0.1 till date.

"Brick" your device? no you wont brick the device. but it is still easier just to install apps/tweaks form cydia one at a time and make sure they are working for the newer firmware

"Brick" your device? no you wont brick the device. but it is still easier just to install apps/tweaks form cydia one at a time and make sure they are working for the newer firmware
Yeah brick, it will become a brick until he factory restore it. But maybe brick was too hard. Anyway he should install the tweaks/apps one by one, that's what i meant.

Yeah brick, it will become a brick until he factory restore it. But maybe brick was too hard. Anyway he should install the tweaks/apps one by one, that's what i meant.

ah well I agree, its always better to install tweaks one by one and make sure they are working on the firmware you have just jailbroken... it is hassle remembering all the tweaks you install but it saves trying to install tweaks that do not work