What's new

Please help me regarding iOS downgrading

ubai70

Reaction score
I was on iOS 4.3.3 and my iPhone 4 was perfectly customize (jailbroken). I upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 yesterday and re-jailbreak it again. I was my worst decision so far, upgrading to this stupid OS. Batry draining is much faster than i expected, lagging, the phone does not recognize my touch command, and much more.

I want my iOS 4.3.3 back. I know how to download, to jailbreak it back, but how do i downgrade it without the shsh blob. Because i didnt back up the shsh before upgrading. Im afraid that if i downgrade it, troublesome will occur, such as, getting a one damage phone at the end with no function.

My question is, can i restore my os from 5.0.1 to 4.3.3 without shsh blob backup? If can, can you guys guide me?

Last edited:
to make sure that you are not having any shsh save for 4.3.3, download tinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone to your computer and open up tinyUmbrella. TinyUmbrella should tell you if you are having shsh saved or not, if you have any shsh saved, tinyUmbrella will display the iOS version of the shsh saved near by, from there you can know for sure if you can downgrade or not.
But I'm not sure about this since i haven't downgrade in a long time now, is saurik server signing 4.3.3? if no, then you are out of luck i think.

To save you time and trouble, I have to say this: If a run of Tiny Umbrella shows that you do not has SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.3 then you cannot downgrade that phone to that iOS. Cannot. ... Ever.

You can only use the current iOS that Apple is signing or an iOS that you've saved blobs for.

So - in light of your situation, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

Marilyn

Another easy way too... is at the Cydia Home screen. At the top it will tell you what SHSH's Cydia's server has saved for your device. If you were Jailbroke on 4.3.3 prior to your 5.0.1 update, as you've stated, then fingers crossed that Cydia's server has your SHSH's saved. Then use Tiny Umbrella to use them in downgrading to 4.3.3. Let us know how it goes. :)

thanks guys. hey. my cydia home screen sayid that SHSH :iOS 4.3.3, 5.0.1.. so what now? how do i extract my SHSH? how do i connect with tiny umbrella?

Another easy way too... is at the Cydia Home screen. At the top it will tell you what SHSH's Cydia's server has saved for your device. If you were Jailbroke on 4.3.3 prior to your 5.0.1 update, as you've stated, then fingers crossed that Cydia's server has your SHSH's saved. Then use Tiny Umbrella to use them in downgrading to 4.3.3. Let us know how it goes. :)