What's new

A Question about the jailbreak

qeez

Reaction score
ok i have a question about the jailbreak
i haven't used any of apple products before my iphone 4 will be my first anyway
could you please tell why should i jailbreak my iphone 4(if it's been released) and what shouldn't i do
Because i have heard when my iphone is jailbroken i shouldn't use the app store? is that true?
is it ok if i update my firmware? or restore an old one when my iphone is jailbroken?

sorry for the many questions i'm rocky :)

Welcome and you will be happy with the iphone 4..

personally i used to jailbreak all the time but with the iphone 4 there is less reason to, but jailbreak opens the iphone wings you can add and do so much more with it jailbroken like SSH or simple things like changing icons and sms tone and sbsettings enables you to do much more

read this also Jailbreak iPhone | iPhone News, Help and Guides but that was a year old and apple officially allow some of those settings now but its good read..

i dont know about the app store thing but you can upgrade firmware though you lose your jailbreak until there is a tool for the new firmware so its alla bout waiting for a new tool and also for jailbreak apps to be ported to the new firmware because most apps stop working with every new firmware also with jailbreak you can change boot logo for me that was really good, also you can change the partition size of your iphone

because the iphone stores about 500Mb for installing of the os.. well actually it will be more like 700MB now with the new firmware sizes but you can increase that with pwnage tool.

download cracked app store apps.. lots of things.

but i wont be jailbreaking even though i have jailbroken every iphone i had. with the iphone 4 i wont be. but it cant hurt to try it and see if you like it, it does no harm to your phone and is easy to remove the jb

i must cuz in my country the carrier chosen by Apple sucks and i'm very happy with my carrier which gives me 6 month free
they have an offer called You pay We pay they pay you the same amount of money that you have spend in the last month in the month after
and this offer is FOR LIFE :D

sounds pretty good, what country is that? america? afaik only america sell them locked only?

NO they sells them lock here too (Saudi Arabia) if you want to buy one here you have to buy the phone with contract and it will cost you 800$ for 32GB and 700$ for 16GB (with the contract not like in US)
and the time 12 months for postpaid and 6 months for prepaid what a rip off

Last edited:
can you refer me to some good sites?

ebay graigs list whatever its called.. maybe you know some one int he uk or some where they sell it sim free to buy one..

i have some relatives currently living in the US
do you know how much they sell commitment free iphone in US?