What's new

A Question about the jailbreak

qeez

Reaction score
ok i have a question about the jailbreak
i haven't used any of apple products before my iphone 4 will be my first anyway
could you please tell why should i jailbreak my iphone 4(if it's been released) and what shouldn't i do
Because i have heard when my iphone is jailbroken i shouldn't use the app store? is that true?
is it ok if i update my firmware? or restore an old one when my iphone is jailbroken?

sorry for the many questions i'm rookie :)

I would suggest you get to know your phone first. Do some reading on jailbroken phones and what they offer over the stock. It's a give and take you end up having a slower phone but there are some apps that make it worth it for some. It also voids your warranty. (if you can't get it back to stock before you send it in)

I would suggest you get to know your phone first.
what do you mean? (My English isn't that great so bare with me)

as i have understood the jailbreak gives you full control over your phone
i can install any apps i want and insert any sim card i want and i want that cuz the carrier chosen by Apple provide a carpy service and they rap you off with there cell plan also i'd like to install any app i want :)
could you please answer these question which i couldn't find an answer too
"when my iphone is jailbroken i shouldn't use the app store? is that true?
is it ok if i update my firmware? or restore an old one when my iphone is jailbroken
?"

At the moment there is no jailbreak or unlock for the iphone4. I would suggest you watch the jailbreak thread for more info. So untill then you will havetoo live with AT&T.

If you are going to be using a altered version of the iPhone operating system, you must use an older version of iTunes and the iPhone OS to make sure that you are still within the agreement licensing terms, so before you jailbreak you may wan to think twice!

-----------
iPhone 4 Jailbreak
[email protected]

Sorry guys for not being clear cuz my english sucks :(
i'm not living in US i'm in a different country
so i'll say this as clear as i can
1-i haven't got my iphone 4 yet i haven't handled any of Apple prodcts or even OS also that include iTunes
2-if i jailbreak my iphone i won't be able to use the app sotre correct?
3-if i jailbreak my iphone i can't update my iphone OS or restore a previous version correct?

we do not have AT&T in my country we have a different carrier which is worse than AT&T

besides my carrier has a very good offer called you pay we pay they pay me the same amount of money i spend in the last month in the month after and this offer is FOR LIFE 6 months free :)

Last edited:
If you jailbreak you are locked into the OS version you are currently using unless the jailbreak firmware is updated for the new OS. You can also access the AppStore. When you jailbreak there is another appstore so to speak that contains the apps not available in iTunes. Cydia is a popular tool jailbroken phones have installed to downloads these apps not in iTunes.

ok can i unjailbreak the iphone if it's already jailbroken?

Yes, it's easy. You can restore the iPhone from am earlier backup or simply upgrade to a newer firmware if it's released. Beware, even if you unjailbreak a phone apple can still tell if it was jailbroken.

If you jailbreak you are locked into the OS version you are currently using unless the jailbreak firmware is updated for the new OS. You can also access the AppStore. When you jailbreak there is another appstore so to speak that contains the apps not available in iTunes. Cydia is a popular tool jailbroken phones have installed to downloads these apps not in iTunes.
i'm confused?
sorry my english+ignorance make this a very hard for me to understand