What's new

any and all questions about jailbreaking...

Beware

Reaction score
for whatever reason I always thought jailbreaking my iphone 4 was not safe for the phone itself, since I have been proven wrong and its almost been legal now for a year I have a few questions....

What are the main advantages of jailbreaking phone? Should I do so if right now I can only use free apps? It will let me theme my phone and offer a few free apps, is that it?

How should I jailbreak it, if I do and is it essentially reversible?

When the iphone 5 comes out, can a jailbroken iphone 4 be exchanged for it?

It voids your warranty? I might think twice.

Last edited:
It voids your warranty but restoring it through iTunes removes the jailbreak so it you do have any problems with it, restore it first ;)

You don't get free apps through jailreaking. You get many apps and tweaks that apple would never allow. Most are free but some require payment. You can also completely theme your phone with something called winterboard...

I have the same question. If the only reason for this is themes and a few more apps I don't see a point. If I for example could do the mobile hot spot thing without paying I would be interested.
Vermonter

Get mywi for a $20 one off fee instead of paying it to your network every month. Sounds like a good enough reason to me...

hello guyz! I just want to know if jailbreaking is safe for a postpaid iphone 4g? I hope it's fine...? please help... ^^