What's new

a few dissapointing things

spasm

Reaction score
im new to iphone and am slowly getting to grips with it, but theres a few things i dont like about the all NEW iphone 4.

1st the bluetooth is rubbish, it dont like connecting to certain things where as all my nokias have no problems at all. i use this feature alot cos i like to bluetooth photos and tunes to and from my macbook ?? its crap

2nd the speakers are not very good for a phone this size, my last nokia x6 had amazing sound and you could use the graphic equaliser and bass and other stuff where as this is very basic (boring).

3rd no radio ?????????? or can i get an app for this ?

4th i also run a macbook, me thinking these should work really well together. it seems that i can only loads things from itunes to the phone ? i have other tunes/songs in other folders also videos/films in other folders i want to load on. on my nokias it used to come as unknown device on my desktop and i could open it and drag n drop any songs, pics, movies, is there a way to do this as itunes dont accept them all the time ??????.
any advice on these issuse would make me a happy chap

5th also the camera is very basic, no macro for close ups ????

Last edited:
Can't help you with the rest but I've gotten great up close photos (2-3 inches) using the tap to focus, Give it a second to adjust and it works well.

Alright let me see here...

Bluetooth yeah it's garbage be because they try to handicap the phone as much as possible. Either apple or AT&T are looking out for their best interest. In this case I think they are protecting iTunes and the app store by keeping you from sharing files. Jailbreak is the answer to this. I will be doing it, don't like being told how to use my phone.

Speakers? Are you serious? Please where headphones if you are playing music otherwise you are annoying everyone.

Radio yeah there are apps for that. I heart radio is good for clearn channel stations. For other stations I would check their web sites either they have an app or you can just stream from the site. The only problem here is I don't think you can stream while using the phone for other things or while in standby. Who needs the radio anyway, you have an iPod!

Last edited by a moderator:
im new to iphone and am slowly getting to grips with it, but theres a few things i dont like about the all NEW iphone 4.

1st the bluetooth is rubbish, it dont like connecting to certain things where as all my nokias have no problems at all. i use this feature alot cos i like to bluetooth photos and tunes to and from my macbook ?? its crap

2nd the speakers are not very good for a phone this size, my last nokia x6 had amazing sound and you could use the graphic equaliser and bass and other stuff where as this is very basic (boring).

3rd no radio ?????????? or can i get an app for this ?

4th i also run a macbook, me thinking these should work really well together. it seems that i can only loads things from itunes to the phone ? i have other tunes/songs in other folders also videos/films in other folders i want to load on. on my nokias it used to come as unknown device on my desktop and i could open it and drag n drop any songs, pics, movies, is there a way to do this as itunes dont accept them all the time ??????.
any advice on these issuse would make me a happy chap

5th also the camera is very basic, no macro for close ups ????

How long have you had your iPhone? Did you just get your phone and are you too lazy to play with it or learn how to use it? I think the speakers are pretty good and the equalizer can be configured as well as the volume. I don't think I've seen a lot of cell phone with a macro feature. The iPhone does have a zoom feature or you can download an app for a better zoom. There are a few internet radios available for the iPhone too. Some people have reported issues with the bluetooth but I haven't had any issues.

Also you can configure in itunes folders that will automatically sync to your iphone when its connected to take care of your photo and music needs.

I don't understand, the antenna strenght is week if it is held covering the band on the bottom left. But the recommended fix is to cover the antenna slot with duct tape, how does duct tape help when the hand covering the antenna slots does not?

Your hand is conductive. Duct tape not so much.

We mustn't forget these are multi-function devices and can't be perfect at everything

Pandora radio app is great. You play what you want.
As far as speakers are concerned I bought altek lansing plug in speaker (it's small and round) that works great. Under $ 30 available on amazon or AT & T.
My Bluetooth works great as I use it in my car all the time thru the car speakers.
Hope this helps you.

Bluetooth easily hooked up to sync in my 2010 focus but have not tried any other bluetooth gear. Pandora radio app works ok.

I'm seriously annoyed that the option in settings/general/accessibility for White on Black makes EVERYTHING negative...photos, icons, apps...everything. Seriously? I like having the white on black text/background, it's much easier on my eyes, but it's just stupid to make it change everything.

And of course, the thing that feels like a giant "F-you" from Apple (in the you get it like WE want it, not like YOU want it way) is that I can't have the home screen have the icons/widgets etc. that I want. Why do I have to have the icons on the main screen that THEY want me to have? How exactly does it hurt them to let me customize that? I want a clock on the main screen that I can actually read at a glance, as well as my most used apps and links. I can't even delete the ones I will never use, I just have to leave them there for eternity.

Apple has apparently decided it's easier to just give us what they want us to have than to give us what we want when it comes to the simple things like the ability to customize. Not that I don't enjoy my iphone, it's pretty amazing and I'm having a lot of fun with it, I just wish the UI was a little more friendly.

If there are any fixes for these things, I'd love to know.

Last edited:
Hey, if you guys don't want them, I'm sure there are plenty of folks on Ebay who'll take 'em off your hands :)

Last edited:
Ah yes Jenny, I forget that I'm just supposed to lay down and praise the Apple Gods that they blessed me with such a piece of technological perfection lest I be struck down for pointing out anything NOT perfect about it.

My husband is proof that I am able to love something, enjoy the good things about it and want to have it in my life even though it has flaws and imperfections or things I wish worked better :rolleyes:

I'm seriously annoyed that the option in settings/general/accessibility for White on Black makes EVERYTHING negative...photos, icons, apps...everything. Seriously? I like having the white on black text/background, it's much easier on my eyes, but it's just stupid to make it change everything.

And of course, the thing that feels like a giant "F-you" from Apple (in the you get it like WE want it, not like YOU want it way) is that I can't have the home screen have the icons/widgets etc. that I want. Why do I have to have the icons on the main screen that THEY want me to have? How exactly does it hurt them to let me customize that? I want a clock on the main screen that I can actually read at a glance, as well as my most used apps and links. I can't even delete the ones I will never use, I just have to leave them there for eternity.

Apple has apparently decided it's easier to just give us what they want us to have than to give us what we want when it comes to the simple things like the ability to customize. Not that I don't enjoy my iphone, it's pretty amazing and I'm having a lot of fun with it, I just wish the UI was a little more friendly.

If there are any fixes for these things, I'd love to know.

you can have white on black or black on white change it in the options..