What's new

7 things I want my iphone to do? Will jailbreak help?

dmb112

Reaction score
This is for ios 7, so I'm assuming I'll have to wait. That's fine. I'm just wondering if these features have been made available through jailbreaks in the past

1. Stop fade out on IOS7. Period. Stop fade out for home and lock screen, stop all the minor fade outs like the title fading in before the app. I hate it. It's slow. No

2. Make Siri faster. This is a longshot. Along with the slow OS, Siri is also slower on IOS7, better IMO, but slower

3. Ability to turn LTE off from control center. Sometimes I need it off to save power

4. When playing a song - music search bar shows up in control center

5. Loop song/playlist/album button in control center is reverted to the previous icon format rather than you having to click on it, being a dropdown list and then clicking "play playlist, play all songs" - if I can't have this, I want it in the general music player.

6. STOP FADE OUT FOR VOLUME ROCKER! Why does it need to fade out? It's too slow, and whenever I'm adjusting for a video, I can't see. I want to be able to click it adjust and disappears instantly.

7. "Control Find" in Safari

Can it be done guys? Thanks!

1, 3, 4, 5, 6 are definitely do-able, and will probably be requested quite a bit when development of iOS 7 tweaks start to kick up.

Siri unfortunately is only as fast as the data coming to and from the server. There's no way to speed it up on a client level.

I'm not entirely sure what the 7th point is. Can you elaborate a little more? Or did you mean the "Find" feature for looking up a term on a webpage

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Well I read articles on my iphone often, and it would be nice if there was a tool to find text while surfing safari or pulse(RSS feeder app), Google drive or an email. Maybe when you select text to "copy or define" also include "search" to look for a keyword in a pdf, word doc, email, text in a native app etc

I feel like it's long-over due. Is there already a feature like this?

Action Menu Plus has this feature I believe. I don't have access to my iPad at the moment, but I believe there is a find option IIRC

Add "Disable/enable Siri from the control center" to the list